Just ordered 3GS...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WAM2, Oct 14, 2011.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

So, I Just got a 3GS, I Know iOS 5 will work and what not, but is there any features left out? Thanks (other than siri)

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

There are a few, mostly related to hardware limitations. Location-based reminders and Facetime are the only ones that come to mind immediately. (The 3GS uses an older GPS chipset that draws too much power to be effective with location-based reminders, and of course it's lacking the front camera for facetime).

3. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Awesome, Neither of those features I Care about :D

Not to shabby, I Got the phone for $50! Its replacing my Inspire 4G.

4. roccobladr macrumors 6502

my 3gs actually works surprisingly fast after the ios5 update. If I had known it would be that much better with the update, I may have seriously waited out the 4S, but the vibration button is broken on my 3gs so it was worth the upgrade :D

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

My 3GS works great on iOS 5 but I did have to do a few hardware resets after the upgrade and sync. Battery life is better than 4.3.? which is a plus

6. jjlannoo Suspended

the 3gs must be easily the best free phone ever. good choice

7. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Thats Great To Hear! Thanks for the input!

8. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

The camera kinda sucks on the 3GS for pictures that aren't well lighted. Other than that, it is a very solid phone considering its age.

9. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Considering how apple is about getting rid of older models, and not supporting older models in software updates, for the 3GS to still be around and get pretty much all ios5 features, that means its still pretty good.

I remember when the 3G got ios4 and it was missing many features. that phone is horrible.