Just ordered a 32gig Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ctt1wbw, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

This will be my first iPod in about 3 or 4 years. I'm freakin stoked! Right now I'm using iSquint to convert all my tv shows that I torrented... Then I'll use handbrake to convert my movies so that when my new iPod comes, the "Mother of All File Transfers" will happen. :D

2. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

And you don't feel guilty about that?

5. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

As long as they're broadcast over the open airwaves... nope.

6. bamaworks macrumors 6502

LOL.

Without torrents I wouldn't have nearly the broad spectrum of musical taste I currently possess. You just can't GET the albums I want in local or 99% of online stores.

7. phuong macrumors 6502a

i'll never understand why people would do that - watching movies and/or playing games on such tiny screens.
    sometimes, smaller is better. but i seriously think this should not be the case.

8. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Well, that's not all I'm going to do with it. I do, however, need something to pass the time at work, since I retire in July and I don't do squat anymore. Plus I need something to pass the time from the end of the work day to when I start school in the afternoon. This'll help.

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

A friend of mine asked me to charge his. I have to say that I was really impressed. Great build quality. Nice display.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Wow, you must not think out of the box much do you. There are places where watching something on a tiny screen is awesome. For example when I go to the gym I usually watch movies or TV shows. Sometimes a TV just doesn't work on the go....

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I hear that! Stores around here suck and I like such a weird selection of music that nobody caries the the music I like. I hate popular music... not because it's popular but, because it sounds like crap and it annoys me.

12. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Congratulations! Enjoy your new purchase!

Couldn't agree with you more there. Everyone in my class always goes on about modern music, and when I mention "Peter Gabriel" no-one knows who on earth I'm talking about.

13. phuong macrumors 6502a

Hello,

When i go to the gym, i lift weights, have small chats with some guy, spot some other guy, etc. I cannot do those things if my eyes are glued to a tiny TV. I have no idea how other people do it. I guess my brain is incapable of multi-tasking.

14. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

It should be here on the 11th. I'll post pics, along with my new headphones, too. Senhiesser, or however you spell that! :D

BTW, I looked but couldn't find a thread about iPod Touch pics. Should one get started here?

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Congratulations. Only one day of waiting left. If you've got time, you might want to organize your song info in iTunes (cover art, titles, album names, etc) to make using the iPod easier.

As to the photo thread, they all look the same, so I think that we can go without. But feel free to post some in this thread.

16. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I'll post a pic of it next to my new Macbook Air. Should be a nice little combo.

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

Oh, believe me, it is!

18. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yeah, looking forward to it. Hopefully it's been put on the doorstep by now, but I have duty today and won't find out until about 5 pm.

And since I got the Air, my Dell Inspiron is sitting all lonely. I think it hates me because I don't use it anymore.

19. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Now I need a case for it. Who makes a great case for a 32 gig iPod touch?

20. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Any touch case will fit any touch size because they're all the same exact size.

21. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

My GOD this thing is suh-weet. I wonder why not everyone is using this thing? I can't beeleeve how nice the interface is. Makes Windows Mobile look like crayons on cardboard paper.

22. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I just purchased a 32GB iTouch yesterday. I haven't opened the box yet. I am still debating, "I just spent $500 on an iPod"...:eek:

I also bought the anti glare screen protector for $14. It comes with a front and back film.

I am leaning on opening it and keeping it...:)