Just ordered a blackbook! Thanks for the help eveyone.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazydrumma, Dec 21, 2007.

1. crazydrumma macrumors regular

Hey all, I have posted a few times asking for advice on replacing my computer, since my 1.83 ghz MBP got crushed about a month ago. I decided to go with the new blackbook, since I am a fan of the portability of the macbooks. I went with the black simply because I always see the white macbooks everywhere, and I just want something that you don't see every day. I'm pretty excited about it, and here are the specs:

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter
    Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    Accessory kit
    2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    Superdrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

I'm stoked.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. Particular macrumors member

why 24 days out from macworld when the very ugly MB's are bound to get a much needed redesign you would bother purchasing one now is beyond me

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yet another good reason as well.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

There won't be a redesign for the MacBooks, stop dreaming, an update maybe but even thats very unlikely until spring 08. The design is barely 18 months old and you want another one already?. Aluminum has been around for 4 years or more and are the ones likely to be redesigned or even the rumoured Ultraportable but a MB defo not.

Also the MBs are not ugly!

The 2GB upgrade from Apple is kinda smart. The rip-off isn't that huge compared to the 4GB upgrade and when the time comes to upgrade, you'll find it easier to sell 2x 1GB sticks than 2x 512MB

8. Particular macrumors member

We will see an update to the MB design come January, period. In 23 days I will PM you to remind you that I was correct.

And as a matter of opinion the MB's are really starting to look tacy, outdated and cheap.

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

To each their own but i disagree and i look forward to PMing you about the lack of a redesign

10. motomac macrumors member

You must be "special" because the MBP is the one thats recieveing the update in January, NOT THE MB. The Mackbook was just updated.

Geesh, before you go off on someone for buying something that they need now, get your facts right. the MacPro, Macbook Pro, and Ultra portable MBP will be first in line for the updates. The macbook isn't scheduled for a redesign till aometime mid '08.

11. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

The MB were just updated like everyone else has stated. Everyone get's their hopes up saying there will be a redesign but there probably won't be a redesign. The MBP could see a redesign but I don't even know there. The MB probably won't even see an update at MWSF because it was just updated and Apple needs to create a divide between the MB and MBP.

12. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

There are a few very good reasons that I ordered one now:

1. I have no computer
    2. I am working at a job over this winter break that requires a computer
    3. I didn't want to shell out the money for another MBP, considering I got this setup WITH applecare for less money than the base MBP
    4. I like the blackbook. They look great, they are portable, this new blackbook kicks the tar out of my old computer, and they are still "new".

If we all agree macs are the way to go (which I firmly believe), why is it that all I see is rampant materialism in these forums? Geesh, macs are great no matter when you get them imo. Stop arguing about updates already, it's getting old.

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Ugly MBs. LOL.

Another newbie troll has entered the room.

Congrats on the new MB. Fantastic laptop.

14. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

If the Macbook does all you need it to do today, then don't worry about what tomorrow brings..enjoy you new computer. :D