Just ordered a BlackBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by avigalante, Feb 17, 2008.

1. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Just to give you a little background on my sheer excitement -- I've finally rundown the behemoth of a computer known as my 17" 1.33GHz PowerBook G4 after 4.5 years.

The G4 has gone through 4 different versions of OS X - Jaguar, Panther, Tiger and now, Leopard (this will probably be the last OS this computer sees). Aside from the number of OS installations, the G4 has taken a beating like no other - loose hinges, faulty latch mechanism, non-functioning SuperDrive, 17min. battery charge capacity, and produces perfectly fried eggs on its bottom-side while loading videos at CNN.com.

To say the least - I am more than excited for the arrival of my new 13" 2.2GHz MacBook. 

-AM

2. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Congrats. Bought one a few weeks ago as a second home Mac, 13" 2gb RAM, nice little computer except the screen isn't quite what I was looking for. But it's a lot easier to carry than the 17" MBP that is my main Mac and seems to run a lot cooler.

It gets marked really easily, I'm not exactly sure how to clean it yet.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Congrats! I love mine. Its fast, light, has a small footprint, and has a great screen. The screen size might take a bit of work to adjust to for you coming from a 17" screen, but none the less its great. I like mine much better than the 15" MacBook Pro I was using before.

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Congrats on your new purchase. I'm hoping to move from my iBook to my first intel in the coming months. I get excited about owning a brand new Mac. Have fun with your new toy!

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

That's pretty sweet. I'm going to see how many OSes I can swing through on my MB before replacing it. So far, still on Tiger. Ideally, I'll switch to the last version of Leopard when 10.6 is released. Enjoy the MB.

7. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

8. avigalante thread starter macrumors 6502

avigalante

Thanks everyone!

In following up to this - anyone interested in my PB? Just a feeler -- I'll repost in the marketplace. :cool:

9. Udinpetot macrumors member

hahaha, i got my blackbook last week
    rocks like hell
    but i dont think mine will see 4 OS
    2 at most
    well
    the only reason i bought this balcbook was becoz the MBP took bloody long to update, so yeah, hahhaha
    congrats :)