Just ordered a custom Gelaskin for the back

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by KauaiBruce, Mar 14, 2011.

1. KauaiBruce, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Gelaskins (www.gelaskin.com) just started shipping premade skins today. They also finally opened up the ability to order custom skins.

I use one on my iPhone 4 and love it and am still amazed at how great it looks with my own custom photo on it. One thing I like about the custom ones is you can get one for the back only and it is $10 cheaper. I really do not want it on the front. I like the clean lines of the Black front.

BTW: They also will customize a wallpaper for you at the same time with your own photo.

[​IMG]

2. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've heard good things and am going to buy one something this week once I get to finishing my custom design.

Its too bad that the ipad 2 design interferes with it though, having to leave off the corners because of the taper where as the ipad 1 went right up to the edge. And the speaker grill.

3. powpow macrumors member

Question: For their non-custom designs, I assume they are two pieces, one for the front and one for the back? I don't want anything on the front either. Thanks.

4. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

5. bojj macrumors newbie

I'd like to order a custom photo...how do these work? I'm assuming they cover the camera and speaker? Or do they have those areas cut out?

6. powpow macrumors member

They are cut out. There are also holes for the volume and mute buttons. I just got mine and I give Gelaskins a thumbs up.

7. bojj macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info! I just ordered one with a custom pic of one of my husband's photographs. Can't wait to see it!!