Just ordered a macbook pro !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbcollins93, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

Well i dont normally like to "brag" about things i buy but it looks like it is a tradition on macrumors for a user to post a thread about a apple product that he or she has just purchased. So here it is. About 20 minutes ago i became a proud new owner of a macbook pro. of course it is the bottom of the line macbook pro nothing fancy. Put it this way, the only thing i added was the extended applecare. so after almost 2 years of looking into macs i finely broke down and bought it. one thing before i end is about how long does it take to get to my house. i did level up the shipping from 5 business days to 2 buisness days. it was like 15 dollars. i figured it had to be worth it. so i guess that is it.

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Congrats!
    Dont forget to fully charge and fully discharge the battery when you first get it =]

:):apple:

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

congrats on your new machine. I swore I would never buy an Apple computer til I started using OSX at a BestBuy store and at the same time, got really tired of using Windows. So I'm looking to buy the 2.4 MBP and max out the upgrade myself to 4GB RAM and 320GB 7200rpm.

5. MAG88 macrumors newbie

nothing fancy?! A new MBP is fancy plus a whole lot more. ;)

I just bought mine yesterday

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats!!! But actually it's a tradition on MR for a user to post a thread about an Apple product that he or she has just purchased (or even before purchasing) and COMPLAIN and NITPICK about it. :D

It's refreshing for someone like you to post a thread of excitement. Also congrats for being smart and getting the Applecare. ;)

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

9. josh2007 macrumors member

I bot my MBP about 1 month ago.

2.53, 4 gig

This is the 6th Mac I've bot. I sold my 1.25 dual G4 in the process.

Other than a few issues keeping the firewire port running, it's the perfect machine.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

11. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Congrats on the new MBP.
    I just got my early 2008 C2D 2.5 last week. I too opted for express shipping (2 days), LOL it took over a week to get here.:mad: It came in through USPS, no Fedex deliveries here :(. If your area has Fedex, DHL deliveries you should get it a couple days.

12. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

I ordered a 15" MBP with the 2.8 option last week, getting shipped as I type. Now thinking with the MacWorld 2009 show soon will the MBP get a speed bump, and if it does will I qualify in getting the newer machine ??

13. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

14. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

No.

15. Jjpeacha macrumors member

Is that a no that they won't get a free upgrade or a no there won't be a spec update?

16. GregE macrumors 6502

Congrats. The MBP is really a nice machine. I love the look and feel of it.

I ordered a 2.53GHz 15" MBP on 12/23 and they had free next day air shipping so I got it on 12/24. Glad I didn't wait a week to do it and then have to wait for shipping.

BTW, I got a Speck See-Thru Hard Shell Case from Amazon and it came in yesterday. I installed it and really like how it fits. I went for the clear one so I could still see my MBP. I like the aluminum look.

I also got a mouse for it. I like the touchpad but for Photoshop Elements, it just didn't seem like the easiest thing to use.

I still need to get my Applecare but didn't get it thru Apple since I can get it cheaper thru e-bay.

17. trippingchris macrumors newbie

I got my first Mac yesterday! I've had iPods and 2 iPhones but never had a Mac. My college recently got a bunch of Macs and I fell in love with them, so I decided that once I had enough money I was going to get a MacBook. So yesterday I went to Apple and bought a new MacBook Pro and couldn't be happier.

18. macdaddyny macrumors newbie

Enjoy Your Purchase!

Hi,

Enjoy your purchase of the Macbook Pro, it is an unreal machine, and i used it as well!

19. MacAlpha macrumors regular

20. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

Congrats!!! :apple::apple::apple:

I just got mine 1.5 weeks ago and could not be happier!

Enjoy and Happy New Year to all!

21. dnguyen macrumors regular

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats on your new MBP - it's a terrific computer, I have one myself - and may both you and your MBP live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck