Just ordered a new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ame8199, May 1, 2011.

1. ame8199 macrumors 6502

I just put in an order for a new Macbook pro. I currently have a 15 inch Late 2007, aluminum, 2.2 GHz I bought the entry level 13 inch but upgraded the hard drive to 500GB.

I know I can use migration assistance to get everything from this computer to my new computer. Is there a website that takes me step by step through this process? What type of cord do I need to do this? or can I do it wirelessly? The important files that I cant lose are my itunes and photos. Everything else is either applications that I can re download or install or I have other places.

Also, How to do wipe my current computer clean for resale? Thank you

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Apple computer have always been able to talk with other Macs. The software is in your computer. Just click the Help button and it will tell you. Migrating your old to the new is very easy. I thought it was faster the last time I did it. From my Powerbook G4 to my MBP fast.

You can either go wi-fi or ethernet cable. Ethernet imo was faster for me cause my FIOS can be slow sometimes. You can use home sharing for iTunes, if you want. Before getting my MBP I put a lot of stuff like folders in MobileMe. Most of the items I moved over with a flash drive or hard drive.

3. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

I love getting a new mac, thats awesome. congrats.

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo