Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Yup, in the 10 hour long wait for my iPhone 4, I decided to hop on my 3GS and order an iPad off of the Online Store, since I had a 100 dollar coupon.

Says it will be shipped by July 9th, is there any chance it will be shipped earlier than that? Anyone have any experiences with that?

Also, I got the 32gb Wifi+3G model. I'm kind of excited.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
WHere did you get a coupon from?
I wish they had student discounts for iPads as well (it's impossible to afford even $499 right now :( )

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
A whole bunch of people over on the iPhone forums called and complained about the whole White iPhone and server issue situation.

A couple of people got the 100 dollar coupon, I didnt believe them. Well, I called. He acknowledges it, so I ask him if I could have it, for kicks and to see what he would say...

"While those people got the coupon for the same situation you were in, unfortunately, we have no policy about it, so you are not able to get one."

Something kicked in my head and I was thinking "Woah.....so you are valuing customers over others for the same situation?" and I kindly thanked him for explaining it to me and hung up.

Meh, called back and told someone about it, what the guy said, and she immediately offered me the same coupon saying the other rep's words were inexcusable and that she'd think the same thing I did. So here I am.

It said it didn't work on iPhone or iPad, but I tried it for kicks, and it worked.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
You realise that if everyone came on here and posted that they'd ordered an iPad we'd be seeing millions of new threads all saying the same thing.

But enjoy your new iPad when it arrives.

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I mean, that's fine and all, but I also asked a question, did you fail to read the post?

magiclaffs

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
Great!

Yup, in the 10 hour long wait for my iPhone 4, I decided to hop on my 3GS and order an iPad off of the Online Store, since I had a 100 dollar coupon.

Says it will be shipped by July 9th, is there any chance it will be shipped earlier than that? Anyone have any experiences with that?

Also, I got the 32gb Wifi+3G model. I'm kind of excited.

Welcome to the club! When I got mine, I brought it downstairs to my office, and did the happy dance. It has been a LOoooooong time since I was this excited about a product. And it hasn't worn off yet.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Yes I did but the same question is asked in almost every 'I bought an iPad' thread.

For the sake of completeness though, usually the dates are accurate so you should receive it very close to (or on) 9 July.

Hydrocity

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2010
Is your iPad on a 7-10 shipping wait?

I am going to get an iPad along with a MacBook Pro, and I was originally going to buy the iPad in store the day my MacBook comes in, but apparently my apple store sold out :(

So Im going to call them tom and see if they know when a new batch will come in. Im going to order my MacBook on July 3, and with a 3-5 day shipping wait + another 3-5 deliver wait, im guessing it should come around July 14. Since I want my iPad the same day, I might have to order the iPad ASAP because of the 7-10 shipping wait + the 3-5 delivery wait here in Canada...

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Yea, it gives me the 7-10 as well.

Says it should be delivered July 14th, but I'm hoping its earlier.

aljlin

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
CA
I ordered mine last week and said it would ship July 1st and arrive a couple days after that. Mine shipped tuesday and is supposed to arrive next week. It's been in transit in HK for awhile.. lol I'm just assuming it hasn't been updated. I'm too focused on my new computer, as it is is sitting at local fedex facility and i'm debating whether to stop by there to pick it up or just wait til it gets shipped home...

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I'd pick it up. I get anxious with electronics sitting in a warehouse and me knowing it's there. I get OCD about that stuff.

I'm already going crazy wanting my iPad. =/

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
A whole bunch of people over on the iPhone forums called and complained about the whole White iPhone and server issue situation.

A couple of people got the 100 dollar coupon, I didnt believe them. Well, I called. He acknowledges it, so I ask him if I could have it, for kicks and to see what he would say...

"While those people got the coupon for the same situation you were in, unfortunately, we have no policy about it, so you are not able to get one."

Something kicked in my head and I was thinking "Woah.....so you are valuing customers over others for the same situation?" and I kindly thanked him for explaining it to me and hung up.

Meh, called back and told someone about it, what the guy said, and she immediately offered me the same coupon saying the other rep's words were inexcusable and that she'd think the same thing I did. So here I am.

It said it didn't work on iPhone or iPad, but I tried it for kicks, and it worked.

So you entered the coupon code online or what?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.