just ordered an ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by INeedAMacBook, Jun 29, 2010.

1. INeedAMacBook macrumors 6502

so... i just ordered a 64gb wi-fi ipad, it'll come in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, so, just wondering if there is anything i should do before hand, or what i should do as soon as i get it, what did you do when you got yours ect. i'm just excited :D

2. papa1 macrumors newbie

Start shopping for a case... Its sort of a hard task..

3. macdoc2012 macrumors member

I just ordered one too. Probably going to get the Apple case.

4. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

I just picked up this Targus sleeve yesterday. Now I want a hard plastic shell.
    [​IMG]

5. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

1. Start looking at the app store to see if there are any apps you might want to have already downloaded and ready to install into your iPad.
    2. Get a case. I ordered the Apple case online and it showed a delivery date of 7/22. I happened to go to the Apple store last week and they had 3 in stock. Bought one and cancelled the online order.

I ordered mine on an in store reservation and was told it would only be a few days. That was 12 days ago! I'm more than a little upset about it. If I would have ordered at the online store I may have had it by now or definitely by the end of this week.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

For me the Apple Case is a must. Not a bad deal really given its functionality and price.

7. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

I recommend the Belkin Grip Vue and a Belkin sleeve (sorry forgot it's actual name)

Also, as already said do some app shopping and see which media you are going to sync, means you don't need to do it when your initially setting up and you can play on it quicker :)

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

The Marware Eco-Vue case is a very solid value and a well-made protective case.

9. INeedAMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

well, i got the belkin grip vue, a neoprene sleeve and this sort of leather ipad copy, it was only £10 and the time it takes for the apple case to ship is ages