Just ordered an iPhone 3G Vaja Case (takes 45 days!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tony-in-japan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tony-in-japan macrumors regular

Even though I have not got my iPhone 3G yet (waiting for the hysteria to die down to get one in a few weeks), I realised that Vaja has released new cases for the 3G version.

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html

I just ordered an ‘iVolution Top’ case in brown. They will take 45 days to make! :eek: So better to get my order in so I don’t have to wait any longer. :D

Anyone else use an ‘iVolution’ case for their iPhone? If so, what is your experience? I wonder if the flip front is detachable so you can just use the base as an option?

Regards,
    Tony

2. modul8tr macrumors regular

I had the iVolution SP for my first iPhone and can say these cases are awesome. The craftsmanship is amazing.

The best and most stylish protection you can have for the iPhone in my opinion. And I looked high and low to find it.

The front is not detachable and the order will probably take less than 45 days. For both my phone and my sister's, it took just over 15 days on a 30 day estimated wait time.

Congrats, your phone will look brand new a year from now.

3. tony-in-japan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks...

Cheers!

Yes, the craftsmanship is superb as I have a Vaja case for my old 3G iPod. I’m really looking forward to a perfect fitting case for the iPhone that smells of quality leather. Was wondering if having a front-flip-cover would annoy me, but, thinking about it, it does give me that added protection from knocks and scratches (wouldn’t need to buy a screen-protector then -- I hate using those things!). Also, I love the Vaja’s clip system that allows easy detachment -- should be handy for when I get a call.

I hope it takes less than 45 days as I will probably have my phone by then, but, who knows, maybe they have a massive backlog of customers if Apple have sold 1 million over the weekend. :eek:

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I really like the ivolution SP and the "Slim Bag", they're both exactly what I'm looking for. 45 days is too long to wait with my iPhone 3G without a case. 15 days for the "slim bag" isn't too bad, but still, I'll definitely consider them. Thanks for mentioning them!

5. tony-in-japan thread starter macrumors regular

Will let you know...

My order has already been placed, so I will keep this thread updated once it arrives in the post to let people know how long it actually takes to make. Maybe they purposely put an extended time-frame to prepare for the demand so customers will not be disappointed.

6. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Vaja

Had a Vaja case for old iPhone fantastic yes but.....the clasp that fits over the top of the phone can wear away the leather that is and bare metal is exposed also if you drop your iphone the leather can tear but at least your phone will be protected. Also finger nails can scratch the leather but you can buff it with leather wipes and it is as good as new! Vaja replaced my case no problem so make sure you keep your receipt (thank god for time machine) if you get a black case with personalization the words don't show up that well, also while you are waiting for your new case for iphone 3G it will fit in old case with a bit of bending i ordered my new case two weeks ago so still waiting!
    Lee

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i was going to get a case from Vaja, but decided to get it from Sena, as the waiting time is considerably less..

8. tony-in-japan thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean?

Vaja replaced your old, worn-out case for a new one? What, they crafted new leather over your case for free? Or simply crafted a new one for you?

Please clarify...

Regards,
    Tony

9. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

LOL no they sent me a new one and it was not that old only 6 months or so

10. mBox macrumors 68020

received mine with a few flaws. they forgot the Ultra-Clip so its useless till I get it. and the leather is somewhat flawed where they stamped their metal logo. other than that its nice. but it wont replace my Contour Hard-Skin. The Vaja will just be for odd occasions which Im not even sure when :(

11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

can you still fit the iPhone with the Vaja case on in your pocket? i dont really want the ultra clip because the case just looks more "clean" w/o it.

12. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

It would seem to me that it would be very awkward to talk with that big case hanging down to your shoulder.

might be just me.

13. mcflirty99 macrumors member

14. RynoZebz macrumors regular

Mine had the same problems. It even buckled in the white stripe slightly on one side so it doesn't look completely even. I'm kind of let down but I think this one will work just fine. Sucks to pay that much and have it not be perfect. I'm just not going to wait around for another one and live without a cast for another month and a half. I might pick up one of the plain ones without the stripes. Those seem to be looking a bit better imo. The way they adhere the stripes to the case just isn't very flattering. You can actually see some of the messed up cuts on the side of the stripe if you look close. Sad.

15. maxxscholten macrumors regular

That sucks about the wait, but I bet you creamed your jeans just knowing you're getting it

16. powermixx macrumors member

It opens at the 'hinge' on the bottom - near the speaker right? So when your on the phone with it at your ear, the 'cover' is flapping and smacking your face and chin? That's gotta be annoying??

17. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

18. rxmxsh macrumors member

Are the cases really worth that much money and time?

19. tony-in-japan thread starter macrumors regular

My Photostream

Well, I received my Vaja iVolution case and also Wallet which took 50 days to complete.

Was it worth the wait? The best things comes to those who wait, so now that I have it I can say, “yes!”. But would I wait again? 50 days is a bloody long time! I would order again in the future but would probably get a non-custom pre-made one to save time.

For me, $80 for the case was definitely worth it. If I am going to use my iPhone every-day for the next 2 years, then having a good quality case that protects it all around is important to me.

It also adds to the first-class experience of using my iPhone, plus the all-round protection. I have already dropped the phone on a wooden floor and the case performed its duty.

Lastly, that high-quality leather! And it can only get better with age. :)

Here is my photostream if you want to see more pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26154011@N07/

Attached Files:

20. mBox macrumors 68020

I havent used mine yet. I think I should have went with the solid color as oppose to the stripe. Mine looks great but that stripe kinda throws me off :( Great workmanship on most of the product just the metal stamp thingy chewed up the leather a bit and they forgot to send me the Ultra Clip. To make me feel better they sent two :)