Just Ordered an iPhone 4 from Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kepner, Jul 25, 2010.

1. kepner macrumors 6502

The Apple Store online said it will ship in 3 weeks. Do you really think I'll be waiting 3 weeks for it to ship? Are those estimates usually accurate?

I can't wait to get my fingerprints all over that retina display. ;)

2. jeter0490 macrumors member

cancel the order and just hit up and apple store this week. im pretty sure you'll find one there

3. joefro macrumors member

It will most likely come in much sooner than that. I ordered my bumper from Apple and it was here in about a week, but the site said three weeks. When I ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T, it shipped in three days. Good luck. Hope this helps.

4. Dany M macrumors 6502

Apple stores are getting big shipments this week, call and reserve one their or ask if you can pick one up soon

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I keep checking with my local Apple and AT&T stores, yet they seem to always be out of stock. You would think by now supply caught up with the demand. Really sucks that even after a month from the iPhone 4 release date, we still can't just walk in and pick one up.

6. kepner thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have an Apple Store nearby. But the AT&T Store that I stopped at today said they haven't had any in stock since launch day.

I have one of those Best Buys around with the mini Apple Store inside. I'll check there.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

im on a family plan, but live in another state from the billing address...can I have it if it shipped to another address if I order from the apple or ATT site?

8. kepner thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think so. Not from the Apple site anyway. My choices were: pick it up at an Apple Store, or have it shipped to my billing address. But I'm not on a family plan.

9. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I went to the AT&T store and they told me 7-14 business days. The guy did say that he would see me in the store next week (I am going to the store to activate and get another phone for my husband...so as soon as I get my iPhone I will be back in the store...that meant that the guy at the AT&T store believes that my phone will be in my hands sometime this week. He sounded serious about and I hope he is not just blowing smoke at me.

10. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

It'll most likely be there before 3 weeks, probably around 1-2 weeks.

11. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

REALLY F'N EXCITED FOR YOU, BRO!

12. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

13. kepner thread starter macrumors 6502

Judging by your obnoxious typography, it seems like you're more excited about my iPhone 4 than I am.

(Thanks for the help, everyone else.)

14. Espo macrumors 6502

I had the same experience... ATT reps are required to say 10-14 days, but he told me they are usually coming in by a business week. He said commonly, people who order on weekends get in the following monday. Luckily i ordered friday (I hope im lucky):p

You can track your order you know...

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

15. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

OF COURSE I AM, BRO!

16. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

From what I've heard from people (and for my iPhone as well) it has been pretty much a week later when ordering from an ATT store. I ordered mine on a Tuesday and it arrived the following Wednesday - plus that was the 4th weekend so it included a lost day.

17. kepner thread starter macrumors 6502

Since SDAVE was so interested, I just wanted to let everyone know I cancelled my online order and picked one up today at Best Buy.

18. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I hope that is the case; I ordered mine on Friday through AT&T's online store, and I'd love to get it by the 2nd when I leave for vacation.