Just ordered an iskin solo from iskin.com.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dayron14, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Dayron14 macrumors member

It looks pretty awesom I can't believe I just found out they existed! I hit ordered it an hour ago.....I'm just wondering how long it takes for it to process because I haven't gotten any confirmation email or anything....does anybody know!?:confused::confused:

2. EliteKiller macrumors member

FWIW I ordered a couple of revo clips on Saturday and they shipped on Monday. Unfortunately iSkin didn't answer my email before they shipped, nor did they answer the second email I submitted thru their website. It appears that several iPhone/iPod accessory vendors have communication issues.

3. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

oh but you got them and everything right? :confused: thanks for replying! i bought the iskin solo im trying to track the order status but the website doesnt let me! did that happen to you?

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Iskin is based in Toronto, Canada. For me the shipping took 1 day because I was 15 minutes away from them:)

5. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

you lucky! i live in florida so it will probably take 6 days!

i got the solo one which one did u get?

6. EliteKiller macrumors member

My order has not arrived yet. I received an email shipping confirmation w/ tracking number from them on Monday. I finally received an email reply today requesting that I use their web form instead of their contact email that was listed in my Paypal receipt. :rolleyes:

The iSkin tracking page refuses to work correctly, and I have tried it several times over the past couple of days. You enter your email, click submit, and nothing happens.

7. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

oh so you'll probably get it tomorrow. let me know when you get it so i can have an idea of when mine will get here! please

8. EliteKiller macrumors member

I doubt that it will arrive tomorrow since UPS tracking shows Scheduled Delivery: 10/07/2008

I'd recommend that you use the contact form on iSkin's website.

9. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I got the iskin revo for the 1st gen iphone, that was about 1 year ago, im waiting for the new 3g fuze case to come out now:)

10. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I already wrote them but they haven't written back.

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow and if they don't answer I'll just have to write them again. I wish they had a phone number of something!

I think the reason why your order I taking long is because you paid with paypal. I read something that had to do with that in the terms and conditions. I'm not sure though.

11. robbrick macrumors member

Disappointed

I received my iSkin Solo Black yesterday and I must admit that I was optimistic about the case being really nice, but as nice as it was, it was also very cheap in the way it looks. There was a stain on the back of the case, the case marks up with smudges really easily and had extra plastic (flashing) where it was popped out of the mold. I thought from a company I thought was large, this was completely unacceptable. I ended up going to the Apple Store and picking up the new Incase Slider in gunmetal color and I am completely satisfied! No looking back anymore. Goodbye iSkin! :p

12. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

oh man i hope the same thing doesnt happen to me! like the iskin solo looks really nice! did you return your solo though?

13. robbrick macrumors member

I am sending it back today with an RMA. I just thought upon receiving it, that it looks cheaper in person than on the site. Maybe I just got a bad one or something. I am interested to know how yours is when you receive it.

14. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

ok ill let you know if i ever receive it!! lol

im still waiting for that confirmation email and it is the second day. if i dont get it by 6:00 ill email them again.

15. EliteKiller macrumors member

My order shipped out in less than 2 business days after the order was placed. The Paypal issue that you're referring to is payment by Paypal eCheck (which I did not use).

I am at the mercy of UPS at this point, and it's not uncommon for shipping to take 5+ days from Canada to TX.

16. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

you will probably get it tomorrow or monday.:eek:

mine got shipped yesterday! i finally got the confirmation email (i got it yesterday but it was in my spam folder!! hahaha:rolleyes:) so i will probably get the case on Monday or on Tuesday since i live in Florida :eek:

17. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

i finally got mine today! i think its pretty awesome!......man it was a pain in the rear putting that freaking screen protector on!:D

18. robbrick macrumors member

How does it look overall? I had dull spots on the plastic near the cutouts for the silent switch and the headphone jack. Also, is your headphone jack centered? Mine was not, although the headphones fit properly, it just was off center.

I am glad you like it though.

19. lasteve macrumors member

20. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

eah the headphone jack isn't centered

21. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

ok ill post some pics when i get home

22. robbrick macrumors member

Yup, this was one of the reasons mine went back to iSkin. It was a little problem, however, if the back of the case did not have a stain on it, I may have actually kept it regardless. I am just happy I ended up trying the Incase Slider that day and now, I will never go back to anything else.

23. robbrick macrumors member

Yeah, pics would be great to see, thanks.

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'd like to try this case, I have a Marware-Flexishell of the same material and really like it. I have a new black Neo that I would trade for a black Solo if someone is interested.

I think I prefer this material to the hard plastic type cases.

What is the material like over the volume rocker on the Iskin solo? Is it the same thickness as the rest of the case?

On my marware flexishell the volume area is cut out, but if they put the same type of plastic over the volume it would be too hard to press. So I am assuming the Solo uses a softer rubber.

25. Dayron14 thread starter macrumors member

i dont know how to describe the material. like its weird it feels like plastic but it isnt.