Just ordered Beats by Dr. Dre (white)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by katyoshi, Nov 8, 2009.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I just made an order for the White Beats by Dr. Dre. I was going to use them when I'm at starbucks trying to study and listen to only my music while trying to concentrate. Though I could study at home, I need to get out of the house at least sometime :D. Well I thought about these for a good while, watched YouTube videos, reviews, and decided to get these for myself. For those who have these, how do you like'em compared to the apple in-ear or bose comfort 2/3? These also look fashionable!:)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They are not so comfortable, I made that inference in about two minutes. Monster = Overpriced. But, you already ordered, so...?

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Way more comfortable and way better sound than both the Apple and the Bose you mentioned.

I think they're a bit overpriced, but they do produce a good sound. Get ready to get ripped by any audiophiles that read this thread though.:(

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I was nice.

5. reliantj macrumors 6502

i bought the new Dre Beat Solos. People complain about them not because of the sound, it's because of the price they can't afford. I'm diggin mine, especially cause I only paid $90.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That's not true. I can afford them, they are overpriced for the sound quality they produce.

7. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

very true / returned my solos, they sounded worse than 40.00 skullcandys...

8. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

I forgot about those skullcandy's. How does the skullcandy over the ear headphones compare to Beats by Dr. Dre? I could still return them if I wanted to :D. If I do want to return them, can I just go to my local applestore and return them or does it have to be return by mail?

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Don't get Skull Candy's. For half the price you can pick up the Shure SRH440s which run circles around the Monster's. If you are going to spend that much money, check out AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, i.e. the brands that are at that price range.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well you clearly have a bad taste for headphones.. Skullcandy should not even be a choice for earphones or headphones imo..

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As I recall you also thought the Shure's were crap. :confused:

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

What shures? I like my Se115 and srh440..
    The srh240 do suck, but the 440 and 840 are really good for the money..

i even have a review on head-fi

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Have you listened to all of them? I seem to remember you returning them (SRH440s) because of a lack of bass.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes, ive returned them but purchased the srh440 again because of a better deal, but the Denon D2000 still stay my primary headphones.

15. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Those are 4-5 times the cost? Have you heard the SRH840.

16. detoxguy macrumors member

I use the AKG K 271 MK II headphones and they are by far the best I've ever used.

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes they sound great too, nope i got my d2k from amazon when they were $200.

18. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

well I guess I'll try the beats by dr dre out and see how I like'em. I've heard skull candy aren't that great either when compared to the Beats. I'm not a audiophile.

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

What is everyone problem with Skullcandy? I have TiTans and 2 pairs of Skullcrushers and I'm pretty pleased with them. I can see that maybe some people do not like the amount of bass that these produce, but if thats the case then say so, rather than telling people that they are bad.

That said, I am not an audiophile and also like my music with a healthy dose of bass.

Can anyone give an actual reason as to why you dislike skullcandy?
    (not being aggressive, im genuinely curious)

20. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The quality of the sound is not great. The soundstage between the four models I have heard has been shoddy. One model I have tried lack bass of all sorts. By no means is my disliking of them related to excessive bass, rather everything-else that is problematic: comfort, sound quality and construction. It also doesn't help that the things look like crap.

21. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I own a pair of Beats Solo, and they sounds ****ing amazing. I bought them because I lost my Apple in-ears, and when I found the Apple ones I was truly disappointed at the sound. The Beats provide such a more encompassing listening experience, for lack of better words. Definitely the best pair of headphones I've ever had.

22. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

23. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Obviously, as any opinion is subjective as to the diversity of the person answering this question.

But I have owned a pair of Shures, the Apple in-ears, the Bose in-ears, Beats Tour (returned due to lack of in-line remote control/mic), and other crappy pair.

24. DigMe macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

You know what they say about people who assume...

Many people who have decided that they don't care for Beats own much more expensive sets of headphones.

bc

25. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

My go to headphones are the Audio Technica ATH-M50. For the price (less than half the Beats) they sound worlds better.

But I guess people won't know how rich you are when you walk around wearing them.

I've got some pretty premium headphones and none of them cost near that much...and you can bet that the ones that did sound so much better, you'd really regret your purchase if you knew.