Just ordered IPad Pro instead of X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 17, 2017.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68020

Ive opted out of buying the X at the high price tag and late release of November.

Instead I spent the cash on the cheapest IPhone 8 4.7" updated from the 7 and it still with wireless charging. The big update is my IPad Air 2 to a 64gb Pro 10.5" which is better value as I kept my last iPad 3 years.

I might get an X next year but if there's another £699 model I might stick to that. I could have over stretched my budget to get an X but instead the Pro iPad seems better value as I change my phones yearly but tables not so often.

Anybody else doing the same?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I’m quite happy with my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 10.5” combo.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68020

I get my Pro later today so hoping to see some big changes my main reason was the larger screen. Not fussed about the pencil.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I really like my Pro. I use the pencil daily, but it’s for specific uses. Not needed unless you need it. :D

5. deaglecat macrumors 6502

deaglecat

Ipad Pro seems well priced when compared with the 8.

But they were priced at different times.. .for UK buyers, those priced a longer time ago are more competitive.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you're somebody that doesn't need the latest iPhone, I would say your combination works out nicely. You still have a fairly new iPhone and the iPad Pro will give you the larger display, Tru-Tone display and quad speakers. It at least creates diversity for what you want between both devices and overall uses.

7. eyoungren, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I intend to get an iPad Pro some time this year. Our iPads are paid off now and I've wanted the larger screen real estate for some time.

That's entirely separate from my phone upgrade decision though.

8. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i rarely ever use my ipad, which is why i'll keep the Mini for a while longer. not sure i want a bigger one anyway. makes more sense to me to update the iphone i use every day.

but i'll be buying a new macbook pro "soon". just waiting for the new 4 core processors to arrive in the 13'' model... but i doubt that will happen this year.