Just ordered iphone today.. should i cancel the order.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeter0490, Jul 14, 2010.

1. jeter0490 macrumors member

Ok so i just ordered my iphone today and now i just read that apple is having a press conference on friday. Should i cancel the order now or should I wait to hear what they have to say?

Also is it taking the full three weeks to ship the iphone 4 when you order from the apple website?

2. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Don't cancel. Wouldn't want to miss out on the freebies they throw at their inconvenienced customers, would ya?

3. draz macrumors 6502a

If you have to wait 3 weeks for it then chances are any announcement made on Friday which include any design changes to fix the antenna issue would of been addressed in the phone you will get. So don't cancel

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

This. There is a good chance you wont have any issues anyway.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

There's a knife maker's saying; think twice, cut once. You ordered today, knowing full well about the issues surrounding the phone. Now you want to cancel because Apple is making some mystery announcement? How does the announcement affect the decision you already made today? If they're recalling the phones, you probably won't get a pre-recall phone delivered in 3 weeks...you'll get a fixed phone in 6+ weeks. If they announce a rebate or a free bumper, you'll be eligible. If they don't do a recall or a rebate, you get the phone you ordered. So what are you worrying about?

6. hipvamore macrumors regular

dont return it. it love mine and i'm sure you'll love yours

7. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

just dont open it. then you can always return it for a full refund.

8. macster84 macrumors member

macster84

Don't cancel. Order now!

Historically, Apple's "announcements" are usually good surprises. If you cancel, you'll go back to the end of the line after the surge in new orders.

I just ordered today, July 15, the day before the "announcement". The order acknowledgement says "Ships: Aug 5" (which is exactly 3 weeks), and "Delivers Aug 10 by standard shipping."

If you use a case (as most people do) the antennae really is a "non-issue" anyway.

9. bobdigi macrumors regular