Just ordered Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case for new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MacBlackBook22, Mar 24, 2012.

1. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Just ordered this case for my new ipad. I'm getting the carbon fibre one.

http://www.marware.com/c-e-o-hybrid-case-for-the-new-ipad

Got 25% off the price for signing up my email. Mind you the shipping is horrendous to Canada.

It says the case does do the wake/sleep function which it had better. I bought a iCon case that is much like this when I bought my new ipad but the on/sleep function doesn't work and I really like that feature.

It was out of stock but it says its shipping the carbon fibre one next week so that is okay

Attached Files:

2. rgr555 macrumors 6502

Um, cool story bro

U should have bought the Moko for $16 IMO. Slimmer profile and better way to hold the front lid.

I returned my Marware, the sleep didn't work but they prob fixed that by now. But still not worth it until its 25 on Amazon.

3. RomeoG macrumors newbie

I was looking for a good thin folio case for my new ipad 3 coming in April and saw a youtube vid that compared the ceo/hybrid to the switch easy canvas and I was going to pre order the ceo. I thought because my ipad stays at home and I use it alot for reading the thiness and handstrap in the ceo/hybrid would work for me and it got good reviews on amazon. I held off on the pre order and I see they had probs....what is the general opinion on this case...the carbon fibre case looks very good on the youtube video

4. SamR123 macrumors member

SamR123

I've got mine a few days now and I do like it. It's pretty decent quality and offers some nice protection. I have no real problems with the fit and the magnets work perfectly fine. The cover folds flat and since its one sturdy piece you can really nicely use it 'upside down' as a stand on soft surfaces, it actually works better than the build in stand positions. The placement of the latches is a bit weird but in use its very practical and doesn't get in the way when using it folded over. The camera cut out is not perfectly aligned but doesn't get in the way (it just looks like it might cast a shadow or something). All in all a nice case.

5. MacBlackBook22 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I looked at the Moko case but didn't like the design of the holder thingy at the back. I liked the smooth finish all round of the hybrid even though it does cost way more.
    Checked with the Marware forum and they said that any of the cases shipped after the 19th are the new version that has been altered for the on/sleep function to work. Not sure though when it will actually ship. I am still hoping it will be this weeks sometime.

6. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Hand strap is a huge plus.

I've had the case on my iPad2 and would order it (in brown when it's available) if I get the iPad3. I like the case a lot - particularly the hand strap which is really useful in bed for reading, surfing etc.

7. MacBlackBook22 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

That is good to know, I was not sure about using the hand strap as I mostly use my iPad in landscapes mode, manly I think because I found it awkward holding the front of the case when it was folded back. The cases I used for the 1st and 2nd gen's had the smart cover design and I was happy with it until I had to get a cover that fit the new iPad and the only available one had this stand type and now I prefer this style and the hybrid had this style and it was sleek and form fitting to the iPad.

8. RomeoG, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

RomeoG macrumors newbie

Thats really good to know. The quality of this case looks to be very good. I was also looking at the yoobao magic and slim...any ideas on the build quality of the yoobao compared to the marware ceo/hybrid..I have done way too much research on these cases and have narrowed it down to the ceo/hybrid or the yoobao magic

9. RomeoG macrumors newbie

I talked with customer service today at Marware and they told me the C.E.O/Hybrid for the new ipad 3 has been redesigned to accomodate the new ipad and the magnet issues have been rectified. They offer a 25% discount now so I went for it. Shipping next week some time.

10. demingm13 macrumors newbie

How did you guys get the 25% off, I'm interested in trying out this case.

11. MacBlackBook22 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

When I went to the site it had a offer if you signed up for their email notices you got 25% off promo code with confirmation of your valid email

Just saw that my case has been sent so I should get it in 3-5 days.

12. MacBlackBook22 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Just received my case...luv it

Just received my Marware C.E.O. case and I highly recommend it
    The wake/sleep does indeed work with the new iPad. No struggles in getting the ipad into the case. Love that it has the two parts that secure the front of the case to the back when closed so that the screen remains well protected when I put my iPad into a backpack. Still not sure if the strap will be of much use to me as my ipad is in horizontal mode for 99% of the time but its a good option to have. And having the small, narrow elastic band that can secure the front of the case to the back when in the vertical position. Most of all I love that the front of the case is all one piece makes it look much more professional.

13. zipur macrumors 6502

I use the strap all the time. But I'm a portrait guy. Bottom line it's better to have than want

14. zipur macrumors 6502

I ordered the pink for my wife she loves it . And I am rather impressed with the feel of the pink vs my black one. So I ordered a Brown C.E.O. It's a good product.

15. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Strap works great in landscape

I've been puzzling over what you mean. I use the strap all the time in landscape (horizontal mode). I'm sitting - and my arm is in my lap with my wrist slightly bent and hand going through the strap. Or I'm lying in bed, and I hold the iPad straight up in landscape with my hand through the strap. I think it works better in landscape. I never use in Portrait (which I don't use anyway) because I find the balance harder. iPad feels top heavy.

16. MacBlackBook22 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I use the stand when I am using it for reading etc. in the landscape mode. It balances perfectly on my leg. My hands are free to use. Same when I am in bed it just rests on my chest. Saves my hand/wrist from cramping or going to sleep which would happen using a smart type cover on my previous iPads

17. RomeoG macrumors newbie

I ordered my carbon fibre CEO March 27th..The case is getting some good reviews so I am glad I have it on the way...hope it comes soon

18. batotman macrumors 6502

I really wish the Poetic Strapback came in carbon fiber.

19. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

20. batotman macrumors 6502

21. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

the audio amplifier does seem cool, I just don't understand why they don't incorporate that feature on all their other products.