Just ordered MBA! (returned rMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by insimbi, Oct 19, 2012.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

I just ordered a MacBook Air this afternoon (8GB/512GB/13"). I've had numerous issues with the Retina MBP and image retention. Today I decided to just return it for refund and purchase a MBA instead.

I don't imagine Apple will update the MBA next week will they? Anyways, glad to be part of the MBA family :)

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Sorry to hear that the rMBP was it good for you; but you will love your MBA. And you sized it quite well. The Air got just updated, so don't worry for next week.

Enjoy

3. KPOM macrumors G5

The Air won't be updated until next summer when the Haswell chip comes out. However, as a long-time Air owner (since the first model), I must admit that the 13" rMBP sounds tempting.

Next in line for updates from Apple are the iMac and Mac Mini lines to the Ivy Bridge platform.

4. JCstudios macrumors member

Are they really that bad that you have no choice but to refund?

Or it's just not worth the extra money?

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

IMO the rMBP isn't worth the premium you pay for the retina screen. A cMBP 15" with the same specs is about $400 less than the rMBP. I think you might as well get a couple of decent sized monitors and pair that with the regular 15" MBP for less than that. While the retina screen is pretty awesome to look at (I've seen it multiple times as my roommate owns one. He's also never had screen retention problems with his unit), I don't think it's worth the $400 premium. But that's just me. I never owned a rMBP, so take my opinion for what it's worth. (which probably isn't much).

6. Appelschil macrumors newbie

i also choosed the mba over the rmbp. its lighter and i dont need the retina anyway!

7. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

I really like the rMBP's, but after 4 replacements, all with issues, it's time to move on. I hope my MBA is problem free!

8. seong macrumors 65816

seong

MBA is definitely one of the most top-notch quality laptops available! (at least, in my opinion :p)
    I haven't had rMBP, but I'm sure the higher dpi than the 1280x800 will be better than nothing :D