Just ordered my 13" MBP! Need HDD/SSD Feedback?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HLdan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I ordered the 2.53Ghz model with a 128GB SSD. Did anyone else order one with the SSD option? I'm just wondering if I should've saved the money and got the standard config. I was so used to the SSD in my older Air that I like the speed and no moving parts but it would be nice to save some money and go for the standard hard disk. Any thoughts?

2. geoffshep macrumors member

I got my MB with the std HDD then replaced it with a WD 320GB drive. Cheaper than the apple upgrade and I get to keep the original 160GB drive as an external (in a caddy case).

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

You should be happy ssd is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than any regular hdd

4. HLdan thread starter macrumors 603

HLdan

Great, that's good to hear. The CTO options for hard drives were so tempting and the prices were so good I was going to do buy the 320GB like the earlier poster did but the SSD is just plain fast, at least at reading files.

5. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Anybody that tells you other wise is just jealous :D , i wish i could afford that , maybe next year when ssd come down in price ;)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You knew this coming from your Air. ;)

I would go SSD if I were mobile a lot, otherwise I'm not sure I'd spend the cash.

7. jamontoast1291 macrumors newbie

I ordered the 2.53ghz with a 256GB SSD. I was debating between the 128 and 256, but figured that 256 would better suit my needs....I think.

8. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

wow you must be rich :eek:

9. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I would have bought a 3rd party SSD for a cheaper price and better quality, but if they give you a Samsung, it will be a good deal. :)