just ordered my 2.53ghz 250hdd, doesnt come until next week ;(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w...b, Nov 2, 2008.

1. w...b macrumors regular

I thought it would have delivered around the end of this week. But they said between 10-14 of November. What's the chances i will get it sooner? i recieved my iPhone replacement within 3 days and my 2 nanos only took a weekend (friday order monday delivery).

2.53ghz
    250gb HDD @ 7200

I live right outside of Toronto (ontario) main Airport.

Im pretty excited.

W...b

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I ordered mine on a Thursday night and it came on the following Tuesday (last week.) It was shipped out Monday morning at 2:00AM and arrived on my doorstep the next morning at 9:30. Pretty impressive.
    So chances are, that estimate is way off and will likely change. We have the same exact computer. ;-)

3. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Somewhere I read about someone buying a 2.53GHz MBP at the store, a new HDD @ 7200 separately and an enclosure for the stock MBP HDD, put the HDD from the MBP into the enclosure, sold it on eBay.

If you're getting too impatient, I'd maybe cancel the CBTO and go that route...

I ordered a 2.8GHz a week ago and if it does not ship very soon, I'm going to the store to pick up a 2.53GHz and just upgrade the HDD too.

4. richard13 macrumors 6502a

CTO... there's your problem right there. If you want your new MBP faster you should just go stock. Even better, don't order from the web site, go to the store (what I plan to do when I'm ready).

Swapping out the HD for a 7200 RPM model later on shouldn't be a problem.

5. ykbryan macrumors newbie

don't be too happy yet. remember to check on the new mbp. I heard there are a lot of problems, regarding the screen esp.

take care.

6. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

used by adc student discount. So that's why I had to order online. Well at least I didn't upgrade to the 3500@7.2k. It takes 10 days of shipping.