Just ordered my base 15" MBP, question about delivery.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hexero, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hexero macrumors regular

Hi! Just ordered my MBP as the title says, and its my first Apple product ever. So, the apple.com (or apple.no in this case, Norway) says shipping time one the base 15" is 24 hours. When I choose a High-res screen, it says 5-7 days. I've heard people here on the forum have been waiting for weeks for their MBP's, will the case be the same for me? I mean, someone else experienced some slow delivery on the base 15"? Because I really want it before 8th of May.
    In other words, are Apple serious about it when they say "Shipping time: 5-7 days"?

Thanks!
    Hexero

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea, Apple is serious. Deliveries took longer time due the volcanic ash as planes were not able to fly but now it should be back to normal.

It takes longer time as it's built to order plus delivery takes about one week in Europe (at least took for me)

3. Hexero thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.
    I live like 4 hours maybe from Utsjoki in Finland (Just to inform you where I live, don't wanna telle exact where I live) also, very north in Norway. Do you think my MBP will make it before 8th of May?

4. drune macrumors newbie

Ordered last week Monday MBP 15 matte, 8GB RAM, shipping in 5-7 days (not shipped yet), actual delivery estimate 17-19 of may (I'm in Spain Madrid). You can chek your order status with all details on the web.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Doubt it. It takes 5-7 business days to ship so that's next Tuesday (4th of May) at the earliest. Then depending on carrier, from couple of days to two weeks to deliver it and seeing that you don't live in big city, it might take a week or so. I'm guessing mid May, hard to say

6. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Same config and day here. I can't see a delivery estimate though, just a shipping estimate. If it hasn't shipped by Thursday I will just cancel. I can get the same machine - 4gb ram at the Apple store without having to wait.

7. Hexero thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again Hellhammer!
    Well, some other products ordered from other sites, usually just took 2-3 days shipping it. So, I'll just wait and hope a miracle can save me by making it arrive at my door before 8th of May.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can call Apple and ask for faster delivery. It will cost more but should be faster and worth it if you really need it.

May I ask you why does it need to be delivered on 8th of May?

9. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Ordered an i7 15" CTO w/ 4GB RAM, 512GB SSD, etc - been 48 hours or so since I ordered. Still says "May 4 - 10" as my estimated delivery date. We shall see....

10. Hexero thread starter macrumors regular

@Hellhammer: Again, thanks. Yes its something I will def. do. Yeah, I have confirmation that day, so it would be nice if my MBP maked it in-time.
    @Spaceballl: Thanks for the info.

11. Hexero thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for DP, but:
    If I ask for faster delivery, may there be a chance that I'll get it before 8th May?

12. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That's up to carrier and how fast delivery you choose. Ask Apple how could you get it before or on 8th of May