Just ordered my Ipad 4 (UK Thread)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hobx, Oct 26, 2012.

1. hobx macrumors regular

ETA 2/11. Managed to sell my ipad 3 for £310 on ebay too. :)

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I see all colours and sizes are still available for delivery on the 2nd.

Doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it, it'll probably be possible to just walk in and buy one on release day. The Mini seems to be taking all the demand.

3. hobx thread starter macrumors regular

You're probably right, and knowing my luck the bloody thing won't arrive on friday!

----------

In fact you inspired me. I've cancelled the order and will try my luck on Friday walking into the store. :)

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

LOL

Just don't blame me if it all goes wrong ;).

5. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

6. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I just got the white iPad 4, which will be my first white iOS device. Hope i made the right choice.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

I cant decide whether to get a mini or new ipad. I dont need the posh screen or processor, but it seems counter productive to buy one with an already out of date chip and screen.

I only really use it in the house for airplay and magazines, and when I go on holiday for films and magazines and news etc. But my iPad 1 is getting a bit sluggish with newstand.

8. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I couldn't help but feel a little annoyed that my 3rd generation iPad was so quickly outdated, but I went for it anyway and ordered a 4th generation this morning. I decided to go for black 32GB this time, having had white on the previous 2 occasions. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary but still looking forward to it all the same. :)

9. token787 macrumors regular

token787

Well if that's all your doing with it, have you thought about buying a refurb 2 or 3?

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I thought about buying a refurb too.

I have got a few apps that are quite processor intsenive music apps that just dont run too well on the ipad 1 which I'd like to start using more (rebirth, meta.dj, reactable mobile etc), so im thinking the A6X processor is a bit more 'future proof' iykwim...... But day to day its mainly magazines and airplay.

11. maviso5 macrumors regular

12. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

I'm disappointed that i can't reserve one for pickup. I can't preorder as I had took my ipad 3 back this week and got they money refunded onto a giftcard. :(

13. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I can understand why not the Ipad 1, but the 3 should do.

14. hobx thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh! Unfortunately I cancelled my order a couple of times, not realising that each time it was deducting the money from my account, and not returning it when I cancelled. I suspect its my rubbish bank RBS rather than Apples fault, but I have to wait 2 - 3 working days and am 800 quid out of pocket. :confused:

Guess I'll definitely be trying to walk in on Friday now....

15. nstb macrumors newbie

Upgrading from a 1st Gen to a 4th Gen. Got the education discount - but it was only £12 in the end. Nothing to sniff at, but thought it would be more like 10%.

Excited :)

16. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Mine's preparing for shipment already. That was fast. :)