Just ordered my iPad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Jul 23, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

My first ipad since the IPad 2 which I have at home which I'm selling for about £100. Amazed it's worth that much

Ordered the gold 64GB model which cost £395 and I get a smart cover case too

Arrives on Saturday

After having just Samsung devices for past 3 years..I'm back with Apple again

2. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

You got an excellent deal. iPad Air 2 is here to rule all the underpowered Android tablets.

The presence of extra GB RAM and extra CPU core shows in normal operations.

When Apple releases iPad Air 5 or 6, they will have to brainstorm quite a bit to design iOS in such a way as to bring down this Air 2. Till now it was easy to do with every iOS update. Not any more.

3. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

i agree, ipad air2 is wrestling in the same category as underpowered android tablets.

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

5. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

That is hardly any indication of iPad Air 3 launch.

Reports suggest that Apple will skip Air 3 this year and release 12" iPad Air Pro (A9X) and iPad Mini 4 (A8X).

This will fit nicely in their existing lineup.

Apple don't even need to do anything with 10" iPad Air this year. It still beats the crap out of any Android based mobiles or tablets.

6. businezguy macrumors 6502

Congratulations on your purchase, I bet you'll be happy to be back with an IOS device!

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

well, you can always wait and see or get it now if you need it. buying air2 now doesnt make it to be any worse later on this autumn. it is still the same Air2.

personally i would have waited too, but still... if you need it or want it now, there is really no reason not to buy. air2 has 2gb ram, so you cant go wrong with it and it will serve you well if ipad is all you need.

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Think it's unlikely there will be a air 3 this year. All reports suggest 2016

If there was I doubt it would be much of an upgrade

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

This might be true but doubt would get a 64GB model at this price to be honest.

I might be tempted to buy mini 4 for on the go and at work.

10. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I am

I love my note 12.2 for most stuff but I have been getting annoyed by certain lag and the keyboard taking 3 or 4 secs to type messages...I miss the apple way of it just working.

I'm in the process of selling

IPad 2
    Note 4
    Gear S

So I'm getting about £470 back from this

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am pretty much done with android and Microsoft smartphones and tablets. I will be very happy for yearly upgrades of Apple devices instead of chasing/flip flopping other manufacturers' smartphones and tablets.

The iPad Air 2 is great, I decided to finally keep it after getting a great price on it instead of using my Mini 2 for a couple of years now.

12. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

Congrats and welcome back to Apple! I couldn't think of a better tablet to get someone back into the ecosystem. It runs iOS 8 flawlessly and iOS 9 should only be better :)

13. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

My mom has the air 2 so that's a big part in this:) was amazed when I saw hers

14. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Enjoy it! Soon you will be slipping the word Air into your signature.

15. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

16. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Congrats. It's a great tablet. I wouldn't worry about an upgrade. As you said it will be very incremental anyway. I see you coming back to Apple :p

It happens to us all. I was a big Samsung fan too but in the end I made the switch.

17. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I didn't think I would but the slogan of things just working is what's brought me back.

I've missed having devices that just works.

That and I miss going into the apple store ha

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

IOS 9 with the Air 2 being able to take full advantage of its features, the 4:3 aspect ratio, its size and weight, and videos|games being more enjoyable are reasons I bought one.

19. RebornProphet Suspended

My Air 2 arrived yesterday, upgrade from my Air 1 and after 24 hours use all I can say is this thing is ridiculously responsive. The combination of the laminated display, 2GB of RAM, and A8X chip make this a fantastic iOS experience. There's no delay when tapping something on screen after transitions (eg: pinching to return to the home screen and then tapping another app icon) and the screen feels super responsive.

This is, without doubt, the optimal iOS experience right now. All the little area where I noticed slight sluggishness on my Air 1 are gone on the Air 2. Spotlight being opened, Siri being activated, replying to an iMessage in Quick Reply, all are smooth and fast. And the keyboard responsiveness, oh how I've missed this level of responsiveness when typing, it's fantastic.