Just ordered my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heron88, Sep 9, 2008.

1. heron88 macrumors 6502

Ok so I made up my mind that I would wait until today to order the Macbook Pro, because I'd rather have a free iPod touch then a speedbump update on the mbp. I'm just kinda bummed that I waited that long and I couldnt even get the new iPods thats came out today. Pretty disappointing. So yeah I'm officially part of the mac "community" even though I didnt buy this to become part of a lifestyle lol. I just need it for video editing.

P.S. Does the previous generation ipod touch thats free with the promotion come with 2.0 preinstalled or do I have to buy it after it gets here?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Video Editing eh?

You gunna use Final Cut Studio or just your basic iMovie?

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe you will have to buy 2.0.

Welcome to the community.

TEG

4. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Congratulations.

I have a fear a number of people are expecting the next MacBook and MacBook Pro to have powers and abilities far beyond what it reasonably would and we'll see the same backlash we did today with the new iPod updates.

5. heron88 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

If I may ask do you use Adobe After Effects too? or are you just simply chopping and pasting?

7. heron88 thread starter macrumors 6502

No if was was chopping and pasting I would use iMovie. I own a small-scale production company. I am considering getting After Effects but I will have to see if I really need it if I already have fce.

8. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I'd be happy w/ any speed bump and a different GPU to be honest.
    The model is great as it is, I'd be disappointed if it came out looking like the new iMac or had the Air's keyboard.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I agree; the anticipation on the forum prior to An Event almost always leads to a devastating sense of anti-climax afterwards (unless something like the MBA is quite literally pulled out of a hat/envelope to awe and astonish).

To the OP, heron88: welcome to the forum and to the world of Mac; the MBP is a terrific computer and you'll really enjoy having it and using it.
    cheers

10. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

Good for you, though I'm sorry I have to reiterate, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SOONER!