Just ordered my MBP...now what?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacFanUK, Sep 25, 2009.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I am finally joining the Mac camp and have today ordered the base model 13" Macbook Pro (which has already shipped).

Along with it, I have ordered the be.ez 13" Laptop Sleeve, Tech Air Laptop Messenger Bag, Mini DisplayPort to DVI adaptor, and a WD Scorpio Black 320GB Hard Drive, a USB Enclosure for the original hard drive and an Apple Wired Keyboard (I already have a wireless one but wanted a wired one as well for the number pad).

So....have I missed anything? I know I may need to buy more Ram but I feel it's a bit expensive at the moment (£12 more than when I looked a month ago), so going to wait a bit for that.

2. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I want to swap out my hdd... how do these WD western ones perform? noisewise etc and is that the going rate you paid?

3. glap1922 macrumors regular

If you are planning on installing a 3rd party hard drive, you may have issues with the efi 1.7 firmware. There are some large threads on some beachball issues that have been happening with it. If you have the issues look on getting rolled back to 1.6, it seems to solve the issue.