Just Ordered my new Tablet

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by aaron.lee2006, Jan 22, 2008.

1. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

2. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Nope the one you posted is bigger.

3. cutsman macrumors regular

I bought the same tablet about 2 months ago. I bought it for photo editing primarily. For precision touch-ups and cloning, it's very good and provides control no mouse could ever come close to. For other "adjustments" that require moving sliders and clicking... it's not so good. For this very reason, I find myself switching between the pen and mouse frequently when post-processing my photos. For regular computer use, i use the Bamboo mouse 100% of the time.. it works pretty well once you get used to the small working area of the tablet.

BTW, I got a white one to match my iMac:

[​IMG]

4. supercooled macrumors 6502a

What changes have they introduced since the Intuous? I have a 4x3 (or something similarly small).

5. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I can't be sure, I never even looked into buying a tablet until now.

6. LeviG macrumors 65816

the bamboo is the cheaper tablet like the graphire, it doesn't have half the features of the intuos 3. Its also aimed at home users rather than pros etc hence the cheaper price.

7. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Woops, I have the Graphire, not Intuos. It's been ages since I hooked it up so the name escaped me.

LeviG you seem like the right person to ask. What are the differences between home and business class tablets from Wacom? Do they have better pressure-sensitivity therefore more precise controls, etc? I'm sure there are more to it than just that. I've seen Intuos tablets for sale a lot during the Christmas holiday. I know Wacom also has that Cintiq which I assume is their top of the line tablet.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Cintiqs have the monitor built-in (so it's like a tablet PC minus all the PC) and Intuos has more pressure and tilt. I don't think the low ends have tilt.

9. LeviG macrumors 65816

Bamboo and similar (ie the cheaper models) - less pressure, smaller sizes generally, only one pen type

Intuos - more sizes, greater pressure, angle/rotation also available, more than one pen type.

cintiq - intuos with a display