Just ordered my Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.4GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feng Shui, May 10, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

I looked into the refurbished section and found a new basic model in there. Great deal for $1799+TAX. Excellent online ordering experience too. Very easy, and Apple's shipping speed is amazing. It said to expect 3-5 days for shipment, but it shipped today. Also, another 8 days to deliver, but it'll be here by May 14. Amazing! I love Apple.

My first time using a Mac, so I'm really excited. Are there anything I should watchout for? Any tips? Just to confirm one thing: I am able to buy apple care within 1 year of the purchase time right?

Many Thanks!

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

1) not really, but not really sure what you mean
    2) yes

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Enjoy your new MBP. As for tips, spend some time browsing the forums and you'll learn lots of cool tips.

4. aajeev macrumors regular

Ok, correct me if I'm not reading this correctly. You bought a refurb MBP for $1700 + tax. That's the exactly the price you would pay if you use student discount and get the lowest level of the current MBP. why didn't you just go for the new one? Am I missing something Here?

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

1. maybe hes not a student

2. I think he did order the newest model, just that its a refurb...(which IMHO are better than new ones)

6. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

I live in Canada, so there's no discount for high school students, and even with a student discount, the price is $100 more hehe. Thanks for the replies :) Yes, and it is the new model, but refurb.