Just Ordered My SR MBP!

Raska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
Hey all,

This is my first post on here. I have been reading MacRumors for a long time now. I have been torn for a while on whether to buy a Macbook or Macbook Pro.

A little background about myself. I am a Computer Science student who also does some Computer Graphics on the side. I am not a big gamer, but I do play every once in a while. I was looking to get a laptop that was powerful but somewhat mobile as I would be bringing it to class and around campus every day. Having owned Macs for years (iBook 12", Mac Mini 1.66 Core Duo), I have all but sworn off Windows forever. I finally decided after weeks of research (thanks to everyone for the advice I found on these forums) to use my ADC Student Discount and purchase the 15" Macbook Pro 2.2 SR with the 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive upgrade, as well as a wireless Mighty Mouse.

All I am doing now is praying that the MBP will arrive in time before I have to leave for school :)

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Hey congrats! I didn't have the funds to get a MBP. But just got my MB last week and I love it. So I am sure you are really going to love your new machine. Good luck getting it in time.

Raska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
I'm curious, does the extra processing delay still occur with the 160GB 7200RPM drive?

moez

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
I'm curious, does the extra processing delay still occur with the 160GB 7200RPM drive?
Yes it is. I was checking that while ordering my MBP and the delay was the same... 7-10 days :(

Gotta wait I guess

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Yes it is. I was checking that while ordering my MBP and the delay was the same... 7-10 days :(

Gotta wait I guess
I'm thinking that the delay is being caused by screen problems, not harddrive issues. I think all LED macbook pros are currently affected no? The 17" seems to have 24 hour shipping, as it does not have LED backlit displays...just a thought.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
Brave soul. I'm at least waiting for tomorrow. Never know, there might be "one more thing" about MBP :rolleyes:

Cali_Man

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Excellent

I've been super busy lately playing with my new 2.4, they're amazing machines. I think you'll be happy with the hard drive upgrade. I kept mine stock through Amazon, but the extra space was a big deal for me too.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Congrats on your purchase. I too used the Student ADC discount for my 15" 2.4GHz MBP.

Raska

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
Brave soul. I'm at least waiting for tomorrow. Never know, there might be "one more thing" about MBP :rolleyes:
Haha I thought about that too. I figure if there is a "one more thing" or "one last thing" that involves the MBP's, I MIGHT be lucky enough and get the upgraded specs since it doesn't get shipped for at least another week. I highly doubt any update at all would be a huge deal though...at least I hope...

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
Good choice! Thats the config I'm considering.

Trying to wait ubtil October if my almost 4 year old ibook hangs in
there.