Just Ordered My SR MBP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Raska, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Raska macrumors 6502

Hey all,

This is my first post on here. I have been reading MacRumors for a long time now. I have been torn for a while on whether to buy a Macbook or Macbook Pro.

A little background about myself. I am a Computer Science student who also does some Computer Graphics on the side. I am not a big gamer, but I do play every once in a while. I was looking to get a laptop that was powerful but somewhat mobile as I would be bringing it to class and around campus every day. Having owned Macs for years (iBook 12", Mac Mini 1.66 Core Duo), I have all but sworn off Windows forever. I finally decided after weeks of research (thanks to everyone for the advice I found on these forums) to use my ADC Student Discount and purchase the 15" Macbook Pro 2.2 SR with the 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive upgrade, as well as a wireless Mighty Mouse.

All I am doing now is praying that the MBP will arrive in time before I have to leave for school :)

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

3. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Hey congrats! I didn't have the funds to get a MBP. But just got my MB last week and I love it. So I am sure you are really going to love your new machine. Good luck getting it in time.

4. Revolutionary macrumors newbie

Yay for you! I just bought a Whopper at Burger King!

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

wow, I really wish that I had upgraded to a 160GB :(

6. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm curious, does the extra processing delay still occur with the 160GB 7200RPM drive?

7. moez macrumors regular

Yes it is. I was checking that while ordering my MBP and the delay was the same... 7-10 days :(

Gotta wait I guess

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm thinking that the delay is being caused by screen problems, not harddrive issues. I think all LED macbook pros are currently affected no? The 17" seems to have 24 hour shipping, as it does not have LED backlit displays...just a thought.

9. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

Brave soul. I'm at least waiting for tomorrow. Never know, there might be "one more thing" about MBP :rolleyes:

10. Cali_Man macrumors member

Excellent

I've been super busy lately playing with my new 2.4, they're amazing machines. I think you'll be happy with the hard drive upgrade. I kept mine stock through Amazon, but the extra space was a big deal for me too.

11. giganten macrumors 6502a

12. robPOD macrumors 6502

13. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Congrats on your purchase. I too used the Student ADC discount for my 15" 2.4GHz MBP.

14. Raska thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha I thought about that too. I figure if there is a "one more thing" or "one last thing" that involves the MBP's, I MIGHT be lucky enough and get the upgraded specs since it doesn't get shipped for at least another week. I highly doubt any update at all would be a huge deal though...at least I hope...

15. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Good choice! Thats the config I'm considering.

Trying to wait ubtil October if my almost 4 year old ibook hangs in
    there.