Just ordered new Klipsch X10i earphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BasilFawlty, Aug 13, 2012.

1. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I had been using the Apple "in-ear" earphones (the $75+ ones that Apple "should" include when you buy an iPhone). They were "ok" from a sound quality standpoint, but nothing to write home about. Anyway, last week, they accidentally got washed and the right channel is now very distorted, so I decided I needed to buy a new pair. However, rather that replace them with the same thing, I did some research and decided to go for broke and just ordered Klipsch X10i earphones. On Amazon and at Frys.com they were $349, but Crutchfield had them on sale for $199 with no shipping.

I hope these live up to the hype as they are definitely the most expensive earphones I've ever bought. Does anyone here had experience with these? How do they compare to the less expensive Klipsch s4i (about $99).

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I have both. The x10i's sound a lot better. They are super light and comfortable.

3. BasilFawlty thread starter macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I was hoping there would be someone who had experience with both! Thanks! I'm sure either set would sound a lot better than the Apple crap-phones I had been using.

4. BasilFawlty thread starter macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

Another quetion for anyone with the Klipsch X10i earphones. How do they sound with 128k encoded music (like I have mostly on my iPhone to save space)? Will I need to re-rip all my tunes for a higher bit rate or will 128 still b sound good?

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

do you convert it to aac? because honestly you're better off leaving it as 320kbs.. there is a noticeable loss when you downgrade anything 256kbs down to 128kbs aac.

6. BasilFawlty thread starter macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

So I'm a little confused. Should I set iTunes ti rip using AAC at 320, or something like Apple Lossless, or one of the other? Which is the encoding possibilities with iTunes will give the best results?

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

If you encode it, it won't save much on file space at all. My personal recommendation for any song above 256kbs is to keep it in its MP3 format so you don't lose anything at all :D It's all your call though, of course!