Just ordered refurb iPad from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Boob, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Boob macrumors member

I did standard shipping and it says I should receive it in 9 days. Does it really take that long? Can anyone that has ordered from Apple confirm how long the delivery time actually is? I thought it said it was somewhere around 3 business days.

Also, does anyone know if refurb iPads come with earbuds?

2. sleevewipe macrumors newbie

I just ordered a refurbed iPad 2 from Apple, ship to store. Delivery date shows 9 days from now as well.

I don't think iPads come with earbuds in the box, new or refurbed.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

That's correct.

4. Boob thread starter macrumors member

Oh ok

But does it really take 9 days for the delivery? I thought it took around 3 days.

5. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I ordered a refurb iPad 2 a few months ago, shortly after the iPad3 was announced. They ship from China so the time is partly about where it is shipping to. That said, I think I ordered mine on a Thursday and if I remember correctly it arrived the next Tuesday which was well ahead of the stated time - so about 5 days for me and I live in New Jersey.

Keep checking the status from the apple website, first when it actually ships, which is usually within 24 hours of order (they don't sell refurbs unless they are in stock and ready to go), then clearing customs, and then Fedex...

My refurb looked brand spanking new. I got a base iPad2 WiFi only for only $319 plus tax. They include a new battery and outer shell which is why they look new. I suspect that all my future iPads will be refurbs.

Hope that helps. Also, iPads never include earbuds, only iPhones include them.

6. sleevewipe macrumors newbie

That’s good to hear about the brand-new condition they arrive in. This will be my first refurb. Hopefully it ships quicker than the 9 day estimate like yours did, but at 319$ for the base model 2, I don't mind a little wait.

7. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I bought a refurb iMac a few years ago and it also looked brand new. Worth the wait but I suspect you'll get your's sooner than the estimate.