Just ordered Refurbished MacBook Pro: Should I downgrade to Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Jul 29, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I just ordered a Refurbished 15" MacBook Pro with the AMD Radeon 6750M HD Graphics card and High-Resolution Anti-Glare screen.

I am, however, extremely weary of Lion because I have heard it kills battery life... and there is a problem with Parallels 6. Should I downgrade to Snow Leopard or is a fix coming/already here?

Otherwise, is there any real reason NOT to downgrade to Snow Leopard?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Not really a reason not to. Although I'm not sure if you'll be able to upgrade later without paying. Depends of you get recovery media. It might even arrive with SL, and be eligible for Lion up-to-date program.

3. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Lion does not kill battery life although I have to say that I am quite unimpressed. Mostly usability issues.

I have been having a lot of issues with Parallels but I can't confidently say that its because of Lion. Parallels has got to be one of the buggiest programs I've ever used and I've had issues all along.

That aside, I don't think there's any reason not to.

4. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I bought a 2.2Ghz 15" Hi-res glossy 8GB RAM and it came with SL. No battery issue. Stuck a Momentus XT and Lion on there, no battery issue.

No, you shouldn't downgrade.