Just Ordered Speck CandyShell (Black) From Amazon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by in0va3, Sep 10, 2010.

1. in0va3 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I just ordered the Speck CandyShell (Black) for the iPhone 4 at Amazon.com and is supposed to be delivered in 5-8 days.

Don't know which revision it is but i'll email Speck to see if I can get a replacement if it's the old one.

My Speck PixelSkin HD from the Apple Case Program is also shipping this week and should be delivered Wednesday. :)

Oh yeah, I've also been waiting for the iFrogz cases but it's been so long since they've released new cases so I'm getting the CandyShell.

BTW, is the CandyShell a good case? Since it has a hard shell on the outside, does it protect the iPhone well on the inside?

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I bought this case today along with the iPhone 4. It adds a bit of bulk to the phone, and for me the silent switch is hard to get to when the case is on. Also, because it's glossy hard plastic it scratches very easily, I've had it a few hours and can already see them. I had a difficult time removing the phone from the case, but that's not something I'll be doing very often. As far as protection, as long as the phone doesn't land on the screen I think it would do an ok job.

3. in0va3 thread starter macrumors member

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Just a heads up. This morning I picked up the NGP by Incipio from Walmart. It adds less bulk to the phone, has a matte finish that wont show scratches easily, the buttons have much more tactile feel to them, the silent switch is easy to get to, it looks great, and it was $19.88!

6. mytran80 macrumors regular

I have it on my iPad and after just a few days , the entire back is scratched up , it's a good case but the back looks really ugly with the scratches , now it looks like I had the case for years lol

7. in0va3 thread starter macrumors member

Finally Got It...

I received my PixelSkin HD today! I even saw the mailman deliver it to my door step just as I got home. :D The case was the 3rd revision I think? Which is a semi-soft texture with the oval camera cut-out. I also just dropped my phone since it was slippery! :eek: But it was okay with no dents or anything. The case itself was rigid and solid when I was putting it on. It had a loud "click" when I popped the iPhone in.

8. in0va3 thread starter macrumors member

I tried posting pics but a problem kept occurring so nvm that. But I wanted to know which revision I got from the case program. Like what part numbers are there that is the good revision or other details I should know. Oh yeah, this also applies for the CandyShell. Did anyone else order from amazon? I'm getting mine delivered at Saturday. I think that the pixelskin hd is too slippery to hold onto because of it's material.. I'm still waiting for ifrogz to roll out it's silicon case for the iphone4. Does anyone know if there's other cases like the ones that I have? It has to have good cut outs like the speck's and also good material.

9. in0va3 thread starter macrumors member

I got home and noticed a box on my doorstep. I opened it up after I got inside and it was really my CandyShell! The case was the old revision with the key-hole cutout. There were already a few scratches on the case too and I think it won't look good after a period of use. Since I'm going to try and ask Speck for a replacement, :mad: what are some suggestions I can say? Or are there is nothing really special I need to know before asking?