Just ordered the ultimate MBA configuration

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by duelingdragons, Mar 5, 2011.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I bought a 13" MBA in store last week, and love it, but decided to opt for the bigger SSD and more RAM (plus the processor boost)

I'm so stoked. Just felt like sharing my excitement.

2. Hands Sandon macrumors 6502

Must feel good.

Did you have any issues with the 2 GB's of ram?

3. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Not one bit. I mainly wanted it for the extra room on SSD, but figured I might as well upgrade the RAM while I was at it.

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Very good choice Sir

5. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Congrats. You won't regret this.

6. Hands Sandon macrumors 6502

I've got 2 GB's and haven't been anywhere close to it being an issue. Still, could be useful sometime.

7. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

the ultimate is a monster.
    its only core 2 duo, but i like to think of it as putting godzilla in a miniture city.
    the destruction is even cooler to watch ;)

8. Buckeyes1995 macrumors member

Congratulations! Mine arrived from Mr. UPS yesterday, and I can't put it down.. it is amazing. I bought mine from B&H. Even with my Employee discount.. take the tax out and it was cheaper.. PLUS came with a free Parallels Desktop.. I installed Windows XP.. runs like a champ.

This thing is unbelievable.

9. GNice macrumors 6502

You are going to love it...I still can't get over how this thing performs. It's great!:D

10. ndredsox macrumors newbie

It's a killer setup. I use mine as a backup to an iMac and Mac Pro and it does the job well. I came from a 13" MB unibody(the first unibody design) running a C2D 2.0 with 4GB and this feels twice the machine that one was. The 256GB SSD really makes a difference. Enjoy your new machine!

11. iNotion macrumors regular

iNotion

12. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just received my MBA 13 Ultimate, and I can't believe what a difference the SSD makes. This thing seems quicker than my 2009 MBP 13 Ultimate in every way, and it runs COD 4 like a dream. You'll love it, and the weight difference is very noticeable.

13. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I've had mine for almost a week now, and I absolutely love it! :D

The one thing I hated about my 15" Pro was how freaking hot it got, even when doing light things, not to mention when doing CPU intensive stuff. My MBA runs cool all the time. Granted, the most taxing thing I've done on it is play WoW so far, but still, on my Pro the temperature got all the way up to 95+ degrees, where my MBA would never go over 80.

This thing impresses me more and more every day.

14. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Ugh.. I ordered it Saturday afternoon and it still hasn't shipped!
    I'm dying to get my hands on this thing.

My 14 day return window for the 128GB/2GB model ends on Wednesday and I was hoping to have this one before returning my old one.

15. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

That's funny. I did the same thing you did. Ordered the 128gb/2gb version, then decided to get the MBA Ultimate after some use. Ordered this Sunday and the order just changed to prepared for shipment. If they can get it out today, it should be here tomorrow. :D

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done and congrats. May you and your MBA live long and prosper together.

Cheers

17. toondw macrumors 6502

Im following your lead...... Ive just ordered the same! :p

18. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Mine comes Wednesday and im going from a 15" i7 2010. I am keeping the 15" but going to make it more of a server/desktop. I did get a refurb air as I keep hearing good things about the refurbs and it saved me close to $200....

19. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Order shipped tonight and I will have it tomorrow. Hopefully yours will ship tonight as well.

20. Actual Size macrumors member

I just got my refurb 13" Ultimate today and it's absolutely perfect. You won't be disappointed.

21. Moving on macrumors newbie

I too just made the switch

After months of lurking I just ordered my first Mac ever...the 13" ultimate refurb for a nice little $270 savings. Must say i'm a bit sheepish as I work for a top PC manufacturer but nothing against our products...I just can't stand Windows any longer. I hope that everyone's experience with the refurb units comes thru with mine...fingers crossed.

22. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Every refurb'ed product I've bought from Apple has been like-new, apart from the box. Congrats on your new purchase!

I've finally setup my MBA Ultimate and can tell that there is a speed difference from the regular 1.8ghz model. Loving the responsiveness of the device overall. Size is good, but I still long for the 11" size. Too bad it doesn't come with a 256gb HD, SD slot, and higher rez screen, else I would have bought that!

23. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, it was finally shipped out yesterday, but its coming from Shanghai :eek:

FedEx shows that it will be here by tomorrow morning, and last I checked it had arrived in Memphis.

Oh, the anticipation!

24. Eye4Desyn macrumors 6502

Well I've had the 11.6" ultimate since X-mas. :D