Just ordered

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Praetorian®, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

I ordered new MacBook 2.4GHz (my first Mac) about 5 minutes ago. Hope I gonna be happy switcher. :rolleyes:

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You will be! I just got a BlackBook a few weeks ago, and despite a few initial glitches, it's perfect. I love it.

3. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

:)

Got my Whitebook (specs below) on the 6th. first mac...got my dad switched and my sisters had an ibook with panther for along time. Switching isn't hard if you know what your doing...otherwise it might take a few days

4. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

congrats which mb did you choose? i think the mid version is the best value, which is what i got :D

5. jraneses macrumors newbie

For those who picked up a BlackBook, I'm curious as to your decision between it and the low end MacBook Pro. I've been in the market for a new MacBook Pro for the past few months, and have went through 4 machines with various issues, from a bad hard drive, to unevenly backlit displays with yellowing and backlight bleed.

I was just at the Apple store earlier, and I had myself convinced to ditch the idea of getting a MacBook Pro altogether, given my bad experiences with them of late. As an alternative, I've been thinking about getting a BlackBook, but every time I see one next to a Pro, the MacBook looks like a greasy, fingerprint ridden plastic toy. Performance wise, if I outfit a BlackBook with a 7200 rpm drive and 4 gb RAM, it'll perform about as well as a low end MBP in most tests, but I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that it's looks and packaging aren't as sexy and polished as the MBP.

I'd be really interested to get your thoughts and opinions...

Jason

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah thats what i got as well. 250gb isnt really a need for most people. 160 is deff. enough

7. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

You'll be happy till your calling it your CrackBook. Be very very careful in house you close or store it other wise you will end up having the same cracks all in it like everyone else.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Everyone's MBs don't crack. And if his does, Apple will fix it.

9. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

only if we buy the applecare thing right? i'm thinking about buying it JUST IN CASE.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- apparently they've been doing it even out of warantee.

11. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

You are going to be one happy person; if you survive the wait. The wait just kills me so now I get things at my local Apple or BestBuy store.

Good luck, I hope you have a very great time with your new baby.

12. Praetorian® thread starter macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Thank you.

And I must say you're right about the wait. It'll come TOMORROW!!! :eek:
    :D

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I love my BlackBook. I got the black first for the color, second, the bigger hard drive. I don't need to go looking for a bigger hard drive right off, 250GB is huge. I already had a MBP, but just wanted some variety. A Black MacBook is fun to use.

As a side note, I bought my NBP last July, just a few weeks after they were updated. I always wash my hands before using my computers and for the first time yesterday, I cleaned up the case. It didn't look dirty for the most part after all these months. All I did occasionally was clean the screen. It resisted fingerprints and dirt except for a splatter or two of Alfredo sauce on it :D So it still looks brand new, never had a keyboard cover or protection on it whatsoever and only the trackpad shows the slightest bit of wear.

The blackbook, after two weeks of usage, does show fingerprints. They do wipe off very easily and it looks new once it is wiped off.

Also, side by side, the MBP screen is a bit brighter of course. Other than the brightness, my BlackBook screen is just as nice as my MBP. The viewing angle may bother you, you barely move your head and, on dark screens, you will have trouble viewing, especially while watching videos.

Hope this helps you some.

14. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Just got my blackbook last saturday and so far i havent been able to stay off, its just awesome and i am extremely happy with the switch. I installed windows xp on bootcamp but havent switched over once.

I chose the top of the line blackbook because it was replacing my desktop PC and dell laptop (had to sell both for blackbook funds) so it was going to become my main computer, i wanted the superdrive instead of combo drive, the extra HD space was apealling, and the black just looked really sexy. i figured if this was going to become my main computer might as well get the top of the line. I would have gotten MBP but its just not in the budget right now.

15. Praetorian® thread starter macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Ok, MacBook arrived. I love it from the first time. :)

16. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

CONGRATS! Have fun and I bet ya don't get much sleep--))) ;)

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Glad you are liking it! I got mine a few weeks back and even though I already had a MacBook Pro, I wanted to get the BlackBook for a long time and I don't regret it. MacBooks are very nice and small enough to carry around. Have fun with it, Apple is :)

18. dlubis macrumors member

dlubis

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

20. Praetorian® thread starter macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Well......to be honest.......not much. :D I`ve been installing software.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! I think we all knew it! :)

22. pugple macrumors member

haha, my first mac was an iBook G4 that I got for college. I customized it so it took awhile and I kept track of it the entire way until it reached my house. Then I played with it practically all day the next few days and got very little sleep.

It's nice stuff. :) I didn't get the same feeling with when I got my MacBook but it was still nice.

Enjoy your new mac. :)