Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Apologize if there are five million of these threads, but I have a question. Typically when do products like the iPad Pro get a preorder date? I am probably going to sell my pro for it but I don't want to sell it too early. Is there a specific timeline they do this? You'd think I would know, but I cant seem to remember from past new product launches.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
no time given yet.

they said a november release, so in my opinion it'll probably have the last week in october pre-order. but thats only my humble opinion :)

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Dang...I hope we get a date soon. Maybe ill list my pro since it usually takes a while to sell something that pricey in this town anyway...lol.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
From C-Net
The iPad Pro is also one of the most "green" tablets Apple's made. It's constructed PVC-free with recyclable aluminum, arsenic-free display glass, and a mercury-free LED-backlit display. The Apple iPad Pro will be available in silver, gold, and space grey colors in November. As far as pricing goes, pricing starts at $799 for the 32GB model, $949 for the 128GB model, and $1,079 for the 128GB LTE model. Of course, the accessories are sold separately, and the Apple Pencil will go for $99, while the Smart Keyboard will sell for $169.

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
Take it with an extra-large grain of salt, but Mac Otakara says that Chinese sources have pronounced availability during the first week of November. Story's on AppleInsider. There, you've got it about fourth hand!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Take it with an extra-large grain of salt, but Mac Otakara says that Chinese sources have pronounced availability during the first week of November. Story's on AppleInsider. There, you've got it about fourth hand!

The first week? that's very un-Apple like, we usually see new devices around the end of the month, for example the iPhone's are usually released around the 25th.

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
The first week? that's very un-Apple like, we usually see new devices around the end of the month, for example the iPhone's are usually released around the 25th.
You're right about that, and it's telling that none of the other rumor sites has picked up Mac Otakara's story. Nonetheless, an interesting tidbit...

Kal-037

macrumors 68020

That's iPhones, iPads are different stories, the original iPad was released April 3, 2010, the iPad 2 was March 11, 2011, the iPad 4 was November 2, 2012, and the iPad Air 1 was released Nov 1, 2013. So I think Apple could definitely release the Pro in the first week or two. :)

Kal.

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
Well, here's another tidbit, this time from 9to5Mac:

The revamped Apple TV set top box and iPad Pro will both begin showing up in Apple Retail Stores for sale during the first week of November after going on sale via Apple’s website in late October, according to reliable sources. It is also likely that the first online orders of both products will reach customers in early November.​

You know, those "reliable" sources!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Well, here's another tidbit, this time from 9to5Mac:

The revamped Apple TV set top box and iPad Pro will both begin showing up in Apple Retail Stores for sale during the first week of November after going on sale via Apple’s website in late October, according to reliable sources. It is also likely that the first online orders of both products will reach customers in early November.​

You know, those "reliable" sources!

Interesting, I'm hoping Apple will allow pre-orders if it's anything like the iPhones they will sell out very quick! I wonder who these reliable sources are, they are usually correct, they were about all the rumours at the September event.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.