Just paid my $99

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by larswik, Sep 7, 2011.

1. larswik macrumors 68000

I have a meeting today and I was hoping to show the client an app that I have been working on. I took the plunge and paid the $99 for the developer program. I thought I would get some download that would allow me to activate Xcode so I can test it on my iPhone. but instead they are sending me something in the mail?

What's up with that.

-Lars

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

If I remember correctly, within 24 hours or so they will email you a code that you use to activate your program membership (or maybe it just happens automatically within 24 hours...I forget). In any case, once your membership is active, you will just have to set up your device for development in Xcode by entering your developer credentials.

3. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I was hoping to show the potential app to clients today. I thought I would just pay the $99 in the morning, download what I needed, install and test on my phone.

I was not expecting the 24 hour period. bummer.

-Lars

4. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

I have not heard back from apple yet but by chance I logged into my App Dev account and was able to jump through the hoops and got it activated. It is so cool seeing my apps of the big screen and on the device.

Now, what app to make :)

5. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Think that's a bugger for alot of us.
    I've been coding for a while, and I'm allways running out of idea's, argh :p

6. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

I have my idea. I have a visitors channel that runs on TV in local hotels. This will be a chance to generate extra revenue. I need to start the layout of it and figure out how to create 1 reusable object for many restaurants while importing photos and text from my website (server) for a specific restaurant they want more info from.

Plan, plan, plan.

Thanks.