just picked up a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ajohnson253, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Just picked up the white 2.4 macbook, I had the 24" iMac, I do basic things. Music. browse the web, usually not home so i could not enjoy it much so i had to get the macbook. Same satisfaction just smaller screen pretty much. Of course the Resolution isnt as nice but i can deal with it

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

3. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

4. muldul macrumors 6502

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

appreciate it guys, I been on it all day Im lovin it so far. First time ever owning a laptop im so used to desktops

7. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

8. drumdoc macrumors newbie

Just got mine today. 13" Macbook 2.4ghz white. It will make a great addition to my 17" iMac. Can't wait to explore it!

9. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

CONGRATS! I have a white MB, too.

We all should have a group HUG :D :D

(no homo)

10. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

haha "no homo"
    had the funniest conversation today using that like 20 times in 10 sentances.

11. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/167)

Me too. I have a white mb 2.4 ghz. The best notebook and os. I have been a windows person all my life before this switch.

12. Zimpaz macrumors regular

I hope to join your club after the next update

13. Mikey- macrumors regular

14. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/167)

Me too. I have a white mb 2.4 ghz. The best notebook and os. I have been a windows person all my life before this switch.

15. LondonGooner macrumors 6502

Gratz, best thing you ever did. The current macbooks are a great machine with an even better OS.

16. SeanEE89 macrumors regular

Congrats on the MacBook! They're the best laptops on out accept for possibly the MacBook Pros

17. Foxglove10 macrumors newbie

I just got my first MacBook too - Windows all the way until now. It came set up with Parallels - it has Boot Camp, too, but I haven't switched because it seemed okay. But I do notice slowing of the system when I run Windows in Parallels - would you guys recommend re-setting it up in Boot Camp instead? I don't want to wait too long, till I have all kinds of stuff on there before I do it? I hear Boot Camp runs at native speed. My MacBook is super nice - 250G HD and 3G RAM, plus nice MacAlly leather cover, so I'm loving it so far.

Also have a question - I'm sharing the drive with my music on it with my partner. The drive is a USB, and it runs slow. I'm going to replace it with a bigger Firewire drive. She has a desktop G5 quad. She seems to have USB 1.0 while my MacBook has 2.0. Would it make sense to disconnect the drive from her system and plug it in to the laptop to do the transfer from the old USB (slow) drive to the new, bigger Firewire one, or will it make much difference?

18. stone315 macrumors regular

When you load Windows through Boot Camp, it is running natively. Boot Camp partitions your hard drive and installs Windows on one of the partitions (assuming, of course, that you own a copy of Windows). It will run faster; however, you must turn off and reboot your Macbook each time you want to switch operating systems. I personally don't have a problem with that, but some people complain about it.

As far as I know, the G5 has USB 2.0, so it shouldn't make a difference, but if you notice a major difference in speed, then do it on the Macbook. There won't be a difference in the outcomes. Just hook both drives up and copy the files over.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

20. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

21. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

just found out about the new macbook that should be arriving around september with the glass trackpad etc etc.

haha its funny Im looking at some peoples responses and there just all pissed because they got there macbook recently and didnt know about the new one coming out. They should have done there research.

I thought about waiting but when i found out its going to be aluminum and realizing its going to be doing the exact same thing as the current macbook just a little thinner and a glass track pad that would be interesting but i hate fingerprints just personal opinion but i realized, whats the big deal lol Ive been waitin to get this macbook i love the white glossy look. It just looks so modern and clean.

AFter Having this apple piece for a day. I love it and and very pleased to have it.

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That is inappropriate *tisk tisk*

23. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

yay! we joined the macbook family on the same day! yay for macbooks!! :)

24. icecap macrumors newbie

I picked mine up 2 days ago!! excited!! great machine!! a toast to your enjoyment!! :cool:

25. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

yeszur ree bob, feels complete now with the wireless Mighty Mouse:D