Just picked up my 16 GB Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by larryinfl, Sep 18, 2008.

1. larryinfl macrumors member

Just stopped by the Apple store and picked up this beauty. These are so sweet. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. larryinfl thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't work with video out for my car stereo and it doesn't charge through my car stereo with the ipod adapter. It worked fine with my 60 GB iPod. This may mean I need to get rid of my nano since I will use it in my car the most. :( :( :(

3. Madness macrumors regular

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

that sucks dude, apple really screwed over its loyal customers with this one

5. larryinfl thread starter macrumors member

Ya, I'm a little ticked off right now. If I return it apple will hit me with a 10% restock fee.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

shoot, forget that, talk to the manager and tell him its defective and you want a refund, cause apparently they are ALL defective

7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Just fully charge it before you leave the house in the morning. The battery should last for 24 hours for audio according to the specs, which is plenty enough to get you thru the day in the car.

8. larryinfl thread starter macrumors member

Looks like Apple no longer supports the 12 Volt charging via the dock connector and only uses 5 Volt for USB. So firewire is officially dead.

I found a converter but its $40. Anyone know of this cheaper somewhere else?

http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/connector.htm?connipod.htm

9. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

Hmm...Thats weird because my 16GB Nano works fine in my car stereo and fully charges whenever plugged in.

10. Zadiek macrumors member

For car charging I just use a $5 usb charger plugged into the cigarette lighter. I use a basic sync cable to connect it. Works fine.