Just picked up my replacement iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Link2999, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

First one had a yellow tint at the top, when I talked to the guy he said he "may" have saw it, so he went in the back and asked someone else with the same response "She may have seen a yellow tint". They gave me a new one anyways. I showed it to some friends as well who didn't really see it too much. It's probably because I'm OCD about my electronics but whatever. I looked at a few of the store models and about 60% or so had a yellow tint towards the top of the screen, but it wasn't really as bad as mine. This one doesn't have a yellow tint though so everything is fine :). A few of the flaws on this one though are things I really don't care about. For example: Home Button doesn't "click" as much as it used to, and the rubber border around the screen had a little defect (I took most of it off with some thumb friction).

2. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Jeez. What's with Apple's quality control these days?

Btw: I'm pretty sure the "Yellow" could possibly be because the screen is still drying from production. I remember this issue coming up with the iPhone 4.

3. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yah, apparently the glue doesn't dry as well towards the top of the screen. Apple should hire me as a product inspector ^_^

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Then no iPod would make it out of the factory. :D Same here, the quality issues piss me off. I dont have anything to compare my iPod touch's screen too, so I cant tell if its yellow.