Just placed my order - 27" iMac and Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BellatorGero, Apr 30, 2010.

1. BellatorGero macrumors newbie

:D

I'm feeling well chuffed, and I thought I would share it with folk who care:eek:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Congrats! Are they your first Macs? That'll be VERY nice setup

3. BellatorGero thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh first Macs, ordered online then went to the Apple store to go play on em.

Yes I feel like a right geek but I dont care!

Its the basic 27" iMac. I do photoshop and illustrator designing, but not massive amounts. I'll also be doing boring business stuff. Just wanted a good centre piece machine, and it certainly is that.

Was going to get the Air, but I opted for the regualr MacBook, I love how it looks, although the Air is gorgeous. The price/features/inbound update made me go with the MacBook.

Thats primarily going to be used for surfing and doing little bits and bats on trains etc.. I travel quite a bit.

I have an iPhone, so wanted it all to match and connect. Pretty excited about getting it all, should be around 3 wks.

Mobile Me seems a pretty good feature.

:apple:

4. jerkstore99 macrumors member

Your phone and laptop and desktop don't have to match for them to connect. Remember, you are buying these machines to work on, not for how pretty they are all sitting together on the same desk.

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Wow. Congrats man, I am very jealous. Don't listen to the guy above me, it's nice when everything looks flush. It was nice when I got my white Macbook for college that it matched my white iPhone :D Enjoy it man they're great computers.

6. BellatorGero thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I am buying them to work on, but I have been amazed at my iPhone, really have (I had iPods before that), I was impressed with the demo in the store, and the play around I had on it. Other designers all use Macs, my Laptop was/is dying so I have decided to plump for what I see as the best. They also happen to be hotter than brazilian twins fighting over baby oil. Which is a bonus. I like good looking things. I like it when things match.

My name is Stephen and I am an :apple: convert.

So is my missus actually, a really helpful guy in the Apple store chatted to us about the computers and shown us loads of cool stuff. She's hooked too, probably get her a MacBook same as mine.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Congrats man, I have had my aluminum MB for about a year now and I still love it. I see you have already gotten the apple bug, just be careful, it can form an expensive habit ;)

8. BellatorGero thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh it can be an expensive addiction. But the best are!!

Plus it isn't expensive. Work pay for it :cool:

9. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

now i'm really jealous ;) can't wait until about September major Sale of Shares to upgrade my Apple equipment :D

10. BellatorGero thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it's going to be a learning curve though after making "the switch!"

Going to be a long arse 3 wk wait.