Just popped in to say hello...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Skweeky, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Skweeky macrumors member

Hi all,

New mac user here, and I have to say, I am seriously impressed by what I've seen so far. I've just dived in and bought a new 24" iMac.
    I've been trying to switch from Windows for about 2 years, my efforts led me into trying many flavours of Linux - the best one for me was Ubuntu with all that luvverly Compiz eyecandy... but something was missing and I couldn't put my finger on it - till recently. I think it was a lack of OS ownership.

My new iMac is gorgeous with the best display I've ever laid eyes on, oh and OS X (Leopard) is stunning.

I will NEVER go back to Windows

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Congratulations on getting your new iMac! The OS is indeed quite beautiful, and I'm sure you'll like it even more after playing with it for a while.

3. dimme macrumors 65816

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Welcome aboard.

Never say never, cause practicality in using computers is that you have to keep an open mind to use the right OS or application for your need. :)

(My need is all covered by OSX except for a single important website and work related stuff that I use VirtualPC or Parallels for).

5. Skweeky thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

From what I've seen so far OS X will provide me with all the tools I need to be a windows free zone. Before I switched, I virtualised my windows installation before selling my (9 month old) Dell Lappy. One of the first things I did on the mac was to install Fusion (An excellent proggy btw) and fire up my old WinXP install. But honestly, I don't see any reason for keeping it - all it's doing now is taking up 30 Gigs of HD space. (But for the life of me I can't bring myself delete it!!! :mad:)

6. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Just be patient. In a few weeks of months, you will.