Just preordered from Apple's site (activation was waived?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jun 15, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I was trying to preorder the phone about half hour ago, and got through to the order for home delivery page. Went to check out, and when I clicked the Place Order button, it gave me an error page. Went to shopping cart again and this time it worked. During the checkout it mentioned that the activation fee of $18 was waived, so the only thing I got charged for was the phone + taxes ($17.66). Didn't get a confirmation email, but I do have an order number.

2. monksealpup macrumors regular

Pretty sure the activation part happens when you actually activate through iTunes and appears on your next AT&T bill.

This prevents accounting troubles for people who pre-order and never show up at the store, or decide to return the device, etc.

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

makes sense.

it looks like they already charged my credit card, because my available balance dropped by $217 (they charged 216.66), but the card itself doesn't show what or who charged the amount yet. the weird thing is that when i called discover to check my card by phone, it said my balance is $0.

4. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

they finally sent me my order confirmation email.