Just published my first iweb website : need reviews and advices

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by FrenchPB, Mar 18, 2011.

1. FrenchPB macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I just published my first iWeb website, which I created over the past few days. It's in French and related to my wedding, but I'd be interested in hearing your reviews on how I can improve the website, add new functionalities, and make it even more user friendly.

I'd like to add a guestbook, but haven't found one that I like enough as off now. I also would like to add more features / multimedia stuff, so any idea is welcome.

Just a note : our wedding theme is on the 50s, and the colours are brown and old pink. The first pic on the welcome page is a drawing of me and my wife inspired by an old ad we found on internet.

http://www.davidetcoraline.com/

I also would like to know if I can have a facebook integration without using MobileMe. I'd like any new article published on the website to be posted directly on my facebook account. Is that possible ?

Thanks for your reviews.

2. Synthion macrumors regular

Wow, this is quite professional-looking. It's simple, classy, and pretty. Others may not like the whole click to enter thing, and I usually don't, but you did a good job.

My only suggestion would be to utilize that empty space on the sides by putting the menu there instead of up top. Maybe even make it scroll down with you with some CSS.

Overall, nice. This looks personal, yet welcoming. Most websites don't accomplish this.

iWeb, huh? Can you get rid of the apple logo at the bottom? :)

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I didn't realise that you could make nice looking sites with iWeb. Especially as your first site - its awesome.

Based on me not understanding a word. Advice would be, maybe make it a bit clearer that you have to click the image to access the site, try and loose the Apple logo at the bottom - I think it looks at bit unprofessional. But apart from that its pretty good.

4. Yvan256 macrumors 601

The bottom of the left text ("LE SITE DES MARIÉS") gets cut off, I cannot read the last word.

5. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

It could be just me. but the website takes a while to load. Maybe do some image optimizing. Aside from that. Great Job!

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Yes, the GoDaddy host server seems a bit slow.