Just pull the trigger on a 13" Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by levitynyc, May 4, 2010.

1. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Wife got me a deal through her job and it cost me 1060 including tax which beats Amazon.com's price.

It'll be my 4th mac. (these things get addicting) I own a 24" iMac from late 2006 which still works better than the day I got it. Sadly, since I almost use my notebooks exclusively it doesn't get much play anymore. I mainly use it as a hub / hard drive to store my iTunes and to connect with my Apple TV.

I bought my first Whitebook in March 2008 and its worked great for a long time. I had the palmrest replaced once, but now its cracking all over the place again and the screen bezel is falling apart too. I use it 8 hours a day for work and web browsing. The lousy integrated video card causes my fan to kick into high gear whenever I watch any sort of video. I think my logic board is failing as it regularly does not recognize the battery or claims the battery needs service even though my battery and spare work just fine on my friend's whitebook. I pretty much need to reset the battery every couple of days which is becoming a pain in the ass.

I bought my wife a unibody whitebook for Christmas and wow, its very sleek. I went with a Pro myself because I wanted the illuminated keyboard and I do a lot of work in bed at night. The trackpad does take some getting used to.

Hopefully I get my new Pro next week. I couldn't be more excited to add a new Mac to the family.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

For the battery, I recommend doing an SMC reset on the MacBook. Consult Apple.com.

Addicting? A Blueberry iMac, a polycarb MacBook, an Aluminum MacBook, a PowerMac G4 MDD, a white iBook G3, one 13" MacBook Pro, a Blue & White PowerMac G3 as well as a graphite Clamshell iBook is considered an addiction?

Sign me up!!

3. levitynyc thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup, I've been doing SMC resets 3 times a week.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Carp on a trawler, I don't know what it could be then.