Just Purchased a G4 Mini - Question on Bluetooth

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tpmidd, May 11, 2007.

1. tpmidd macrumors member

tpmidd

So my iBook of 4 years died last week from a bad hard drive. Today I purchased a 1.42 Ghz G4 Mini with 1 GB of RAM, 80 Gb HDD, Super Drive, and Airport, for $300 on craigslist. I got it today set everything up with my Dell Monitor and Apple Keyboard and Mouse etc. I've got two questions if anyone would like to help out.

First: Any thoughts on if this was a wise purchase (hindsight being 20/20 and all), I'm very happy thus far and will look to get a Macbook Pro in about 6-12 months.

Second: Is there anyway to get or upgrade the Mini to have the nonexistent Bluetooth module? If not, what's the best option to create Bluetooth connectivity?

Thanks for any help.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

4. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

Mini G4 Bluetooth

If interested, I do have an Apple original Bluetooth board, Antenna and Mezzanine board for the G4 mini's. Send a PM if interested.

5. InfernoSoul macrumors newbie

InfernoSoul

I spent $20 bucks and bought a Star Key 2.0. I am now using apples really nice and slick bluetooth keyboard. It works fantastic, my mini recognized it immediately. It's a little usb module. Nice find, you picked up the mini for a great deal. I picked up a 1.42GHz, 80GB, 256mb mini for $300 and upgrade to 1GB for $60. This was about 5 months ago however. This little mini is great. I can't wait for the upgraded minis to come out.

6. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

I have two USB Bluetooth dongles, a DLink DWB-120M and a Belkin F8T003, that I've been looking to sell (one got purchased on eBay, but the buyer never paid).

You can have your pick of one or the other for $20, including the cost of USPS domestic Priority Mail.

My eBay feedback can be seen at: mustangdvs (256)

7. ONaTOPP macrumors newbie

Yarule!

Hi!
    I'me interested in buying the:
    DLink DWB-120M and a Belkin F8T003, if you still have them!

(Guess they work with a mac-mini (1.4GHz, without the BT components) and Apple wireless keyboard)

Contact me at onatopp.blues@gmail.com

Greetings from Norway