Just purchased a new early 2011 15" Mbp

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Ohrstrom, May 9, 2012.

1. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Just purchased this early 2011 Mpb, the highend model to get the 1GB Gpu. With this I realized that it only has Snow Leopard, which Im fine with, Im not entirely bothered with Lion, ML will be out soon anyway. But Im not sure about this, considering Im purchasing this now, am I able to get a free Lion upgrade?

Best regards,
    Daniel.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

No. It doesn't matter when it came out, rather when you bought it.

3. Ohrstrom thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

I was under the impression that those who purchased early 2011 machines near or after the release of Lion was entitled to free upgrades (usually) You mean too much time has passed for me to be eligible?

4. marcharmon macrumors newbie

marcharmon

I think it depends on where you purchased it. I bought an early 2011 that was a floor model at Best Buy and they furnished a couple of System Discs labeled "Not for Retail Sale" with generic looking markings to me after the purchase. My purchase was made the middle of Jan 2012.

5. Ohrstrom thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

Ok, I hot mine from an online dealer, not one of the biggest, I doubt they have lion cds of any kind though :) I guess a call to apple wont hurt, Im not that fussed actually but it would be nice to get used to some featured before ML hits the shelves . :)