Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thrashbeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2013
I just purchased a new hard drive for my MacBook Pro late 2011 13in. I know how to install the hardware but I need to know how to get my system back once I boot it up. What will pop up on the screen after connecting it and powering it on? My Mac didn't come with any kind of discs, so I'm wondering how to get the new drive working. Can I burn something to CD Rom? If so, will someone step me thru this? I am fairly new to Mac products but I have purchased two iPhones, this MacBook Pro, and Apple TV. I was VERY disappointed when having to PAY for telephone support. They were unable to solve my problem. I tried EVERYTHING they suggested, and spent hours on the phone with them, then because the time had expired on my incident they wanted me to pay again just to tell me how to reinstall the operating system. Someone please help, I have spent all the money I can on this and am frustrated beyond words! :confused:

thrashbeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2013
Took all night to download and install to the jumpdrive... Hope I did it right... I'm fixing to replace the hard drive and reinstall the OS... Wish me luck.. Thank you soooo much for your help. I will let you know how it works, even if I have to use my phone to let you know.. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.