Just purchased first mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rodeman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rodeman macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my first mac, a mini and am getting more comfortable with it. There are some differences from my PC and I've been a PC user for nearly 20 years.

The mini doesn't have a video camera and we used skype to talk with my parents so they could see the kids. A friend suggested the X-BOX 360 video camera which works and we can use Skype to talk and see video now. However, Quicktime evidentially doesn't like the camera plug-in and won't run now.

Can someone give me some advice on how to fix this issue? i can return the camera if I can find something else that will work with Skype and hopefully iChat. We would like to do group conference calls with my sister and with my parents at the same time and I understand that is a possibility with iChat.

I don't want to spend 80 or 100 dollars on a video camera. So this camera was a great option especially at 40 dollars. But it's an issue if I can't run quicktime.

Thanks for the help everyone. I greatly appreciate it.
    John

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

For a list of Mac compatible webcams, which will work with Skype, please take a look at this.

I may also invite you over to my site, www.mackindergarten.com. It's a site especially for Mac Starters.

/Rupert