Just Purchased MBP

willxfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I just purchased a new MBP 15" for my Wife as her old Macbook died. I know the rumors are that the MBP is being refreshed at WWDC. Since I literally just bought the laptop last week if the new MBP does come out do you think I would be able to swap it out for the new one? I wanted to see if anyone had any past experience with this.

Thanks!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I just purchased a new MBP 15" for my Wife as her old Macbook died. I know the rumors are that the MBP is being refreshed at WWDC. Since I literally just bought the laptop last week if the new MBP does come out do you think I would be able to swap it out for the new one? I wanted to see if anyone had any past experience with this.

Thanks!
Pretty sure Apple Stores have a 14 day return policy. If you're going to hit the 14 day limit before the middle of next week you might want to go ahead and return it now.

There have been stories of managers being lenient and letting people upgrade if they're a bit over the 14 day limit, but I wouldn't count on it.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Don't they have restocking fees if you return an item to the Apple store?
I think they got rid of that a while ago.

For any other product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method.
http://store.apple.com/us/open/salespolicies

DrKockter

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
if u bought a macbook knowing somrhting may come out on the 11th....why didnt u just wait till then? LOL

MacBH928

macrumors 68040
May 17, 2008
Usually with new products there are issues and prodycts in the end of their lifetime are stronger and more durable as all issues have been fixed. Works with any product in the world, even cars . Look at xbox for example.

So its up to you, Id wait to see if the new computers are worth while or are they just specs upgrade

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
If you're on the fence, best to just return it now. If you like what you see when they release new ones, order one. If not, you can most likely get the exact same machine you bought in the first place at a discount from Amazon or MacMall.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010
Less than a week away from WWDC. Return it now. As stated above you can probably get it cheaper later if you don't like what's released.