Just Purchased MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by willxfox, Jun 5, 2012.

1. willxfox macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new MBP 15" for my Wife as her old Macbook died. I know the rumors are that the MBP is being refreshed at WWDC. Since I literally just bought the laptop last week if the new MBP does come out do you think I would be able to swap it out for the new one? I wanted to see if anyone had any past experience with this.

Thanks!

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I think you have 14 days to return the computer for a refund. After that, you are SOL.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Pretty sure Apple Stores have a 14 day return policy. If you're going to hit the 14 day limit before the middle of next week you might want to go ahead and return it now.

There have been stories of managers being lenient and letting people upgrade if they're a bit over the 14 day limit, but I wouldn't count on it.

4. det2004 macrumors 6502

Don't they have restocking fees if you return an item to the Apple store?

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

No

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I think they got rid of that a while ago.

http://store.apple.com/us/open/salespolicies

7. DrKockter macrumors member

if u bought a macbook knowing somrhting may come out on the 11th....why didnt u just wait till then? LOL

8. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Usually with new products there are issues and prodycts in the end of their lifetime are stronger and more durable as all issues have been fixed. Works with any product in the world, even cars . Look at xbox for example.

So its up to you, Id wait to see if the new computers are worth while or are they just specs upgrade

9. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

If you're on the fence, best to just return it now. If you like what you see when they release new ones, order one. If not, you can most likely get the exact same machine you bought in the first place at a discount from Amazon or MacMall.

10. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Less than a week away from WWDC. Return it now. As stated above you can probably get it cheaper later if you don't like what's released.