Just purchased my iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by semperfimarine2, Aug 26, 2010.

1. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

So after waiting for the white iP4, I finally said "screw it" and went to apple and bought the iP4. And man do I love it! It's a great phone, feels great in my hands, and I have great reception (sorry to those that don't). I upgraded from an iPhone 3g (purchased on release date) running 3.1.3 jail-broken. I had my SHSHs saved on cydia, my question now, is there anyway to use those for my new phone so I can downgrade? I miss bitesms. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

PS: I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this but I tried searching and couldn't find anything that matched my needs.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Nope, the SHSH is phone specific, you need to get them for each phone. Having them for the 3G only allows you to restore your 3G

3. semperfimarine2 thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

Damn. Thanks though for the quick reply though. I guess I can stop searching and downloading things.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Also, considering that the iPhone 4 is pretty much designed with iOS4 in mind, I have my doubts you could ever downgrade it to 3.1.x.

5. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be interesting if you could though. Thought of having to jailbreak to record video makes me laugh a bit.

6. semperfimarine2 thread starter macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

I didn't necessarily mean to downgrade to 3.1.X, but just in general. Sorry for any confusion.