Just purchased the 8GB black iPhone 3G, questions ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

is there a difference between the 8 and 16 gb one? Or just one has more memory? The girl at the store just said it was the memory.

How do you download firmware updates? Is it like the MBP and it will just pop up asking you to download it?

What application should I download first?:D

I could have gotten the white 16 GB one in the store, but wanted a black 8 GB one, so I have to wait 10-21 days. Pretty excited.

Any advice on what to do when I first get it?

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

There is no difference between the models except for memory size. When you plug your phone into your mac, itunes launches and you can check for updates by selecting the obvious 'check for updates' button on the screen.

As for applications, get some of the free ones first just to mess around. The Remote app for itunes is great.

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

not memory guys.. learn your terminology or definitions//... Storage capacity please..

4. 103734 Guest

hey zainjetha why don't you find something better to do than pick at other peoples grammar, computer data storage can also be called memory.

5. zorahk macrumors 6502

^ Actually, it can't.

RAM is memory.

HDD/SSD/Flash drive space is storage.

6. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL - sorry man.

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

while no one needs to get snippy with each other, zainjetha brings up a valid point. If the different models differed in MEMORY, that could mean that they could perform at different speeds/efficiency. But that is not the case. One just has a larger storage space.

8. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

Remember, it's all on how it's presented/said.

You can present a statement in a way that's educational rather than corrective and not come across condescending. ;)

9. 103734 Guest

doesn't matter, we all understood what the guy meant, and his post was no use to the thread, its only purpose was a lame attempt to boost his ego by putting the original poster down.

hard drives and ram are both forms of data storage in computers, and computer data storage can also be referred to as memory.